Thread: St John's wort for mild depression?

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever taken St John's wort for mild depression? I've had it recommended to me by a complimentary medicine practitioner and have bought it but now Im not sure as I've heard about side effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you check for interactions with any medication you may be taking.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have heard of its use for mild depression. You need to be more cautious than one might think when using "natural remedies." There is not the same level of control for their manufacture as there is for medications prescribed by physicians.

Therefore, you are not really sure exactly how much of the herb you are getting within a brand, and between brands.

Be very thorough in your checking as Mystikpiglet says. You'll want to check the interaction with anything else you are taking including other over the counter (non-prescribed) medications.

Kava Kava is another one that surfaces from time to time for treatment of depression. There have been some serious issues with that one, so again be extremely careful.

Exercise is an excellent antidote. It releases endorphins into the system which help reduce depression symptoms.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    never tried it although i do know someone who has, she didnt take it for long so not sure if it really did help.
    definately visit your doctor to check out whether its ok