Tom (... )
    Thanks Tom
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264588
    yes definitely a whole new life tink. i will see what i can do in that respect of keeping you informed of the op and my progress over the days i will be in ICU

lauren just text me and she said that in the states a lung transplant, all the drugs and aftercare would cost 700.000. omg what would you do there if you had no insurence or means of paying. die i guess
    Yes, Mick. Unfortunately that is the case. The US is actually rationing drugs now. No one wants to admit it and the pharmaceutical companies are trying to keep it dead quiet, but it's happening. :(

Be very thankful (I know you are) that you are in the UK and have a truly human based medical system.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    great news Mick, I am so happy they are able to move you to the list earlier it's brilliant news.

You have a brilliant health service up there I'm just thankful that you live in the right part of the country.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264637
    Yes, Mick. Unfortunately that is the case. The US is actually rationing drugs now. No one wants to admit it and the pharmaceutical companies are trying to keep it dead quiet, but it's happening. :(

Be very thankful (I know you are) that you are in the UK and have a truly human based medical system.

wow i cant seriously believe a country as big as the US are actually rationing drugs, how can that be when they find billions of dollars to go to war when it suits. thats unbelievable, shocking even.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 264652
    great news Mick, I am so happy they are able to move you to the list earlier it's brilliant news.

You have a brilliant health service up there I'm just thankful that you live in the right part of the country.

brilliant news isn't it :D

you know wen throughout the 5yrs since i was diagnosed i cannot fault, the service i have been given, from my doctor, who seems more up on things these days and very understanding. to basildon hospital, where i was first admitted for three weeks undergoing every conceivable test imaginable, then the royal free in hampstead who have just been amazing and have even donated money to laurens run for life for the pulmonary arterial hypertension charity and more recently papworth hospital. everyone has be just totally amazing. as you say im so glad i live in the area i do that my health authority is stumping up over 100k pa in drugs for me, whithout which i would have been dead a long while ago. so to those i am sincerely forever greatful :D
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    700,000?! OMG!!!
    Thats dreadful drugs are being rationed :(

Mick, im so pleased you are moving up the list - wonderful news!! If they get what you need and ring you up is it a case of dropping everything and going straight there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 264671
    700,000?! OMG!!!
    Thats dreadful drugs are being rationed :(

Mick, im so pleased you are moving up the list - wonderful news!! If they get what you need and ring you up is it a case of dropping everything and going straight there?
    kate the drugs alone that im using now come to over 100.000

as from friday i have to have my travel bag at the ready. what happens is, if a pair of suitable lungs are found they are send to addenbrooks, then a team from papworth go there to check out the lung to see if they are able to be used in a transplant. prior to that a car is sent out close to my location and just sits and waits for their call. if he gets the call that all is well he then procedes to my location whereby im transported as quick as pos if need be to papworth for the transplant. where im prepped and ready to go
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so pleased to hear your news, Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264673
    as from friday i have to have my travel bag at the ready.
    for a speedy resolution. And, of course, lots of
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, its all going to happen so quickly isnt it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264669
    you know wen throughout the 5yrs since i was diagnosed i cannot fault, the service i have been given, from my doctor, who seems more up on things these days and very understanding. to basildon hospital, where i was first admitted for three weeks undergoing every conceivable test imaginable, then the royal free in hampstead who have just been amazing and have even donated money to laurens run for life for the pulmonary arterial hypertension charity and more recently papworth hospital. everyone has be just totally amazing. as you say im so glad i live in the area i do that my health authority is stumping up over 100k pa in drugs for me, whithout which i would have been dead a long while ago. so to those i am sincerely forever greatful :D

It's excellent the way they have looked after you It's definitely a post code lottery with the NHS in this country :(

I really am so happy for you that things are moving forward Let's hope the wait isn't too long Have they given you a pager in case you aren't at home

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast