Thread: Magic Masters at West Side - Update

Post Thanks / Like
    We were in Magic Masters today and I asked him when they were closing, he said that their final day is the 25th September. I said it was a shame as they were popular, to which he replied that unfortunately they had to close this shop but they want to stay in the area and they have something planned, but it hasn't been finalised. I was told to keep an eye on the Magic Masters website.

I got the impression that it is down to Disney that they are leaving, he didn't come right out and say it, but he certainly gave that impression.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably is. Disney seems to have some secret plan for the area... not sure if it's going to be much of anything to get excited about.

Magic Masters is very popular. We've never been in, can you believe it? But it's busy each time we've been by.

It's a shame. Another unique shop being taken away. DTD used to be full of uniqueness... now? Just another boring shopping mall in many respects.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We thought that yesterday It's a shame, I guess they think stringing a few lights across the walkway will make it feel better

Both of the guys in there seemed genuinely upset that they were closing, he was also surprised that I knew, he asked how I knew and I said I'd read it on a forum called Disney Secrets

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 262836
    I said I'd read it on a forum called Disney Secrets
    yay

It's such a shame it really is. I don't think Disney have a clue what they're doing with that whole area.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the folks in that shop fairly well as I always purchase a few items from there whenever we visit.
    It`s good to hear that they may still intend to have an outlet in the area and a way it could be a good thing that they are leaving WDW.
    One of the guys who work there told me on my last visit that Disney vetted all of their merchandise to ensure that it was Disney "friendly". This limited what they could offer for sale to some extent which is a shame as there are loads of effects that I would like to buy from them which fall into this catagory.
    I`m not talking about any gory tricks [like some of those performed by Penn & Teller for example], although it would be fun to saw my DW in half sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be sad to see them go though only to be replaced by more of the same kind of shops they already have there

Disney really are doing a great job making sure that people have to go off site nowadays
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com