Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a rant

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 263067
    It seems we have been fairly lucky then!
    We couldn't afford to get Robyn a car when she passed her test so I had her added to the insurance on my 1596cc 2002 ford focus.We are paying approx £600 for the year.Mine is usually around the £200 mark so hers is £400 for the year.Her excess is £650 though.
    What company are you with T?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 263067
    It seems we have been fairly lucky then!
    We couldn't afford to get Robyn a car when she passed her test so I had her added to the insurance on my 1596cc 2002 ford focus.We are paying approx £600 for the year.Mine is usually around the £200 mark so hers is £400 for the year.Her excess is £650 though.
    the only trouble with doing it it this way is they dont earn any NCD with most insurers. i seem to remember that there was one company who did and i cant for the life of me remember who it was. admiral do a discount if you insure two cars with them, slighly different i know
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    just found who it was and this is what i found. hope it helps :)

NAMED DRIVER NCD (No Claims Discount)

Direct Line was the first major insurance company in the UK that recognises named drivers’ No Claims history

If you have named drivers on your Direct Line car insurance policy, you (and they) will be pleased to know that we have become the first major insurance company in the UK to offer Named Driver No Claims Discounts.

This means that when we provide your named drivers with a quote for Direct Line car insurance, we’ll recognise every year they haven’t made a claim on your policy.

The no claims discount earned by named drivers can be used against a Direct Line policy of their own in the future. However, it may not be recognised by other insurers.

The named-driver no claim discounts may be lower than the no claim discounts available to you as the policyholder. Once applied to a policy the discount operates in the same way as no claim discount. If a claim is made the discount will be reduced.

Taking advantage of this deal couldn’t be easier. Your named drivers’ no claims histories are automatically stored on our system, so when they come to apply for their own policy they simply need to give us your details online or on the phone and we can identify them immediately, at which point they will be able to receive up to 5 years' Named No Claims Discount on their own policy.
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so for the most part it sounds like your prices are in line with ours. We insure two vehicles, have perfect driving records, and I have to admit I really don't know what we pay as Donna actually handles the insurance for the cars and I do the house.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 263046
    My first car cost £400 to buy.
    Mine only cost me £25 as it was a Ford Anglia bought between me and one of my friends when we were both learning to drive for the princely sum of £50!
    Mind you it did seem like a king`s ransom at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Direct line won't give me a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 263087
    just found who it was and this is what i found. hope it helps :)

NAMED DRIVER NCD (No Claims Discount)

Direct Line was the first major insurance company in the UK that recognises named drivers’ No Claims history

If you have named drivers on your Direct Line car insurance policy, you (and they) will be pleased to know that we have become the first major insurance company in the UK to offer Named Driver No Claims Discounts.

This means that when we provide your named drivers with a quote for Direct Line car insurance, we’ll recognise every year they haven’t made a claim on your policy.

The no claims discount earned by named drivers can be used against a Direct Line policy of their own in the future. However, it may not be recognised by other insurers.

The named-driver no claim discounts may be lower than the no claim discounts available to you as the policyholder. Once applied to a policy the discount operates in the same way as no claim discount. If a claim is made the discount will be reduced.

Taking advantage of this deal couldn’t be easier. Your named drivers’ no claims histories are automatically stored on our system, so when they come to apply for their own policy they simply need to give us your details online or on the phone and we can identify them immediately, at which point they will be able to receive up to 5 years' Named No Claims Discount on their own policy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Julie I'm with More Than.
    They wouldn't quote for Robyn before she passed but did after.She passed on 14th June and they charged me £80 for her until my renewal on 9th September.

I know she's not getting her own NCD at the moment but as she is driving my car I'm not worried at the moment.Prices will come down as she gets older and has more experience then hopefully she will be earning to pay her own way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar problem, I didn't have my own NCD, but I had driven on Chris' policy for about 15 years, so when I finally got a car, I asked the company we were with for a quote and they gave me full NCD because I'd been on Chris' policy and hadn't had any accidents or convictions. Our insurance company then was Zurich, this was years ago though, long before Direct Line started advertising it

Have you tried through the CSMA

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    my son is paying £4500 a year and thats only 3rd party the car is only worth £400 but this is his second year so it should drop :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 263282
    my son is paying £4500 a year and thats only 3rd party the car is only worth £400 but this is his second year so it should drop :(
    Good GRIEF how does one even afford that kind of insurance. How absurd.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast