Thread: TRIP ST AUGUSTINE

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to ST AUGUSTINE 30th august for 4 days
    It was a very enjoyable trip. The SPANISH arrived in 1565 so there was plenty of historical interest.
    list of places to visit OLD TOWN JAIL
    LIGHTHOUSE
    FLAGLER COLLEGE
    LIGHTNER MUSEUM
    PIRATES MUSEUM
    SAN MARCO CASTLE
    POTTERS WAX MUSEUM
    SAN SEBASTION WINERY[free tasting]
    WHETSTONES CHOCOLATE FACTORY[FREE TASTING]
    FLAGLER MEMORIAL CHURCH
    BASILICA
    AND MANY MORE
    The hop on hop off trolley service allowed you to visit any of these places easily and also connected with the free beach service.
    GEORGE STREET was the main shopping street which was pedestrianised with many different shops and resturants also oldest school house and spanish gardens.
    At the marina there is various boat trips SENIC CRUISE,PIRATE CRUISE,and others
    there are lots of good resturants in ST AUGUSTINE --- FISHERSMANS WARF on the pier where you get a separate plate of bread to feed the fish through a trap door. RAINTREE RESTURANT on SAN MARCO AVENUE I had my favourite meal of the trip. I have only mentioned some of the things it is well worth a trip even if you only visit on a day trip from ORLANDO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been a few times and really enjoy the town, so we can have a nice drink with an evening meal we will do a one night motel then drive back next afternoon. It can be a long drive for some but worth the trip, and for the golfers it's a must visit the World of Golf and walk round the museum and have lunch there.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention I went on THE GHOST AND GRAVESTONES TOUR it was great espe
    aly the actor who played the last hanged inmate of the jail he was very realistic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"