Thread: The 20/40 trip Day 3... Vero to Orlando

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 3- Vero beach - Orlando

I had thought that we would wake really early and be out of the hotel already breakfasted by 6.30! Wrong! possibly because we were in separate rooms we didn't disturb each other as much as we normally do but Jon had to wake me up at 7.30am. Dan, Caitlin and Jon went down to breakfast while i had a coffee in the room (i'm not one for going to breakfast) and brought me up a yoghurt and banana- my normal breakfast but not till 9am usually. We packed up and were on our way by 8.30. The journey was really easy, driving in the US is such a joy when it's not in cities anyway. Highlight of the journey was alligator roadkill, i couldn't believe my eyes on the side of the turnpike!!!!

Our first stop via a navigational error was to pick up our pre ordered tracfones at walmart, it took me 30 minutes to explain to the staff member in Walmart that i had ordered them on the internet and i was there to pick them up. Id like to say that this was a quick and easy service but that would be a lie! Anyway we got bottles of water and gatorade, Jon got his new pants, socks and contact lens solution and i got some hairspray and hair mousse specifically designed for humidity.

By this time it was lunch time and we decided to go to sweet tomatoes. Love love love sweet tomatoes. The salads were really nice and i had a small amount of chilli and corn bread. We were just down the road from our destination ....Royal Pacific Resort.

What can i say about the Royal Pacific Resort? it is beautiful, it is clean and shiny and relaxed, the staff are really nice and accommodating. Jon dropped Caitlin and I off in front of the hotel and we were greeted by an 'Aloha ladies' Caitlin loved this and we went through to the lobby. During check in time they have cold drinks available for free for guests and the drink changes daily- i saw virgin mojitos and berry daiquiris when we were there and iced water with slices of orange in it. We walked straight up to the desk as there was no line to be greeted nicely. We had booked a club room as for us it worked out really well, not only would we get free breakfast and drinks and nibbles there was extra space for any of us to retreat to if the one room we had booked became a bit cramped. The staff member who checked us in however only found a garden room booked under our name. I had an accommodation voucher which clearly stated 'Club room' but they insisted it had been cancelled and re booked. After a few phone calls etc it was established that there had been an error ( i don't want to go into details but no one wanted to take responsibility at the time and i have been more than adequately compensated for my wasted time etc) It took over an hour to sort out that yes i should be in a club room but they didn't have any rooms left. They offered me a room on another floor but they could tell i wasn't happy with that and they upgraded us to a King suite which was just lovely. We had room no 3701 which is the first room on the left as you come out of the lift and down the corridor. The bedroom had a King bed, flat screen TV, a seating area and huge window. The lounge area had a double sleeper sofa and the staff brought up a complimentary rollaway bed. The rooms also have a keurig coffee maker with as many refills as you like. We decided to check out the club lounge which did not disappoint at all. The staff were all really lovely especially the girls and would do anything to ensure you had a good stay. We got ourselves a cup of tea and the kids a coke and sat for a few minutes before we hit the parks!

I wanted to go to Islands of adventure first thing in the morning so we decided to head over to Universal Studios. We took the boat but to be honest unless a boat is there waiting for you its probably quicker to walk. It was a bit of a treat though as our 'skipper' was akin to an Abercrombie and fitch versus ray ban advert. Made a mental note to inform Disneyblonde to watch out for said skipper next year We headed for Shrek first which we all enjoyed, the last time we were at US was in 2003 so the kids could't really remember the rides so that was nice. We (well they) also rode the Mummy, Men in Black - had a huge faff with the lockers here. A nice british man helped me though! They rode the simpsons and Jon felt very sick so vowed not to do any more simulators! We watched Animal Actors which was really cute and rode ET. We were all hungry then and it was about 6pm. Certain members of the party were also in melt down mode by then to so we retreated to Margaritaville. This was Jon's choice and to be honest i wasn't holding up much hope. I was very wrong, i had a lovely shrimp salad, Dan the catch of the day which was salmon, rice and green beans, Caitlin had pulled pork sandwich with onion rinse and Jon had a buffalo chicken sandwich. We then went back to the room and had cookies/dessert and coffee in the club room. Every night they had fresh cookies and milk, there were macadamia nut and white chocolate (my fave), choc chip, double choc chip, m&m, oatmeal raisin so really a good selection and one or two miniature deserts eg mini cheesecake or mini carrot cake. They were all very nice. Anyway we hit the sack pretty early as we were tired and had an early start the next morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fab report

Looking forward to some more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Except for the room mix up it sounds like you had a wonderful day.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I'll be catching the boat while the kids walk next year then

Another great day,hope they mix up our room

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's a pretty serious mix up. I know it worked out for you and I'm really pleased for you that it did, but I so dislike having to go through those sorts of things.

Looking forward to reading about more!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be adding some photos at a later date bit we seem to have a missing photo card at the moment

I need to get the report typed up though as I'm starting a new course in October and all my time will be spent on that shortly

Post Thanks / Like
    The boat trip sounds like its worth doing! I really like US and we end up visiting there a few times on our trip - DD is still a big fan of Barney so we have to see him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt even know about this resort

sounds wonderful