Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprises in resort room

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever planned a surprise for a loved one in the resort room? Who did you use, what did you do?

I'm going next week to celebrate my 40th birthday. I'm sick today (ear and sinus infection) and have been contemplating sending myself a surprise

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 263523
    Have you ever planned a surprise for a loved one in the resort room? Who did you use, what did you do?

I'm going next week to celebrate my 40th birthday. I'm sick today (ear and sinus infection) and have been contemplating sending myself a surprise
    I've tried it on a couple of occasions and it's never worked out for one reason or another. One was half my fault for doing it too late :/ and half Disney's fault for not doing it properly.

We've had a few things like flowers gifted to us, champagne at a restaurant, cards in resort etc. and it's absolutely lovely so yep, it's great when it works out :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, what did Disney do wrong?

Ahh that's lovely to have surprises

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well doing it for yourself, although nice, wouldn't exactly be a surprise would it?

We've found lovely gifts waiting for us in our resort room at WDW in the past; in our DCL cabin too.

The caring of friends who do such things is the very best part.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 263529
    Well doing it for yourself, although nice, wouldn't exactly be a surprise would it?

We've found lovely gifts waiting for us in our resort room at WDW in the past; in our DCL cabin too.

The caring of friends who do such things is the very best part.
    Exactly! I want a surprise! I think I am going to buy stuff to decorate my door at POR. I saw some stuff that says, "Fierce, Fabulous and Forty"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh that's lovely to have surprises
    Awww it so is it's not happened much but when it has it's been very special to me indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 263528
    Oh no, what did Disney do wrong?
    I'm renowed for being useless with my memory so to be honest it's probably just as much my own fault. On a couple of occasions now I've called them and said "ok erm Mr blah blah and he's checking in over the next couple of days... can you do this and heres my credit card" and they've said yes of course, then charged the card but not delivered the stuff *OR* it's gone to the wrong person! I can't tell :/ they've refunded both times but the time/occasion has passed so :/

I think what it needed was a week out "mr David Jones, checking in approx 3pm coming from the UK with his wife Mary, I want the following from the catalogue in the room please" and then a followup the day before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well someone.......cough Disneyblonde was supposed to hint to dh that they don't just do flowers!

Johnie? How would it be a surprise if you sent it?

Post Thanks / Like
    it would not be a surprise if I sent it to myself. I just wanted to hear about others surprises so I can live vicariously. Oh yes! The Disney Florist has so much more than just flowers!

Ahem....I DID just bought an iPad for myself...just now.....it's Keith's fault so I will not be surprising myself with any in room things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 263537
    it would not be a surprise if I sent it to myself. I just wanted to hear about others surprises so I can live vicariously. Oh yes! The Disney Florist has so much more than just flowers!

Ahem....I DID just bought an iPad for myself...just now.....it's Keith's fault so I will not be surprising myself with any in room things.
    I always blame Keith! You will 'need' to treat yourself to a disney case for your new purchase

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm happy to serve SOME purpose even if it's just as community scapegoat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast