Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking apartment/home leases?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 263623
    I am by no means an expert on this matter but I would consider not paying my rent until they address your concerns. Either they will fix the problem(s) or evict you, either way the problem is gone.
    I definitely love how you think, but I unfortunately believe that this would do me more harm than good. But trust me, I would love too. An eviction in my history would not help me get a new place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 263626
    Use each one and give quantitative descriptions of how each is being violated. Then send it to someone who can make a difference, the corporation or housing authority. Whomever is in executive control of the place.
    I've started taking photos. I wish that I would have taken one of the nasty chunks of hair that I found. They're not great photos, but will do. I also have a picture of the Trojan...yuck.

I've also kept my emails from me to the property management. Sadly, some of our conversations have been in person.

My next email will be to the person above the property management's position.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went outside and took some more pictures with my actual camera (with the date stamp) instead of my phone.

And I found the Trojan still there, not shredded by mower, just pushed down. Gross! Gross!

So now I have new pictures of potatoes and beer cans. Oh and a cigarette.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even understand the potatoes......

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 263632
    I don't even understand the potatoes......
    I don't either. Instead of being picked up they were just thrown outside of what I would consider the property. They are still sitting there....rotting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 263602
    Thank you for all the suggestions.

I actually believe I'm the oldest tenant living here at the ripe age of 30. While I understood it was geared towards undergraduate students I didn't know it would feel like a dorm room area.
    Do they have graduate housing? That tends to be a little easier to cope with. Can they change you to that or are you privately owned?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember to decide what outcome you want and stay consistent. The violations you've found are things which would perhaps help get the violators out, but you'd still be there. Is that an acceptable outcome? If so then great, aim for that, if not, if you're so fed up and you'll never be comfortable and just want out, then you need to concentrate on that.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 263637
    Do they have graduate housing? That tends to be a little easier to cope with. Can they change you to that or are you privately owned?
    I'm not affiliated with the school here. However, since the town is hugely supported by the college here there is a lot of housing geared towards students.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 263644
    Just remember to decide what outcome you want and stay consistent. The violations you've found are things which would perhaps help get the violators out, but you'd still be there. Is that an acceptable outcome? If so then great, aim for that, if not, if you're so fed up and you'll never be comfortable and just want out, then you need to concentrate on that.
    Great point Keith. While I would like to just move, the idea of moving again (even if it's just across town) sounds really overwhelming. I mean, I just moved all the way here.

I will definitely give your comment some thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 263648
    Great point Keith. While I would like to just move, the idea of moving again (even if it's just across town) sounds really overwhelming. I mean, I just moved all the way here.

I will definitely give your comment some thought.
    just remember to work out what you want and stick to it. Waivering never produces a good outcome. People are always more likely to jump for an option when it's clear what will make the problem go away, mixed messages will encourage them to proscrastinate and hope that the issue goes away on its own.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, here's an update:

Just by chance a leasing agent came to my door today, while he was fixing something in the apt he asked what I thought about my stay so far.

I asked if he really wanted to know, and he said yes, so I told him all that I've told you guys.

He said that he would go back to the regional manager who was in today and speak with him.

Then a little while later a guy and a trash bag came walking by. I said, "oh you got nominated to pick things up." Then he said he was the regional manager. Not once did I receive an apology from this gentleman. Basically, he looked bothered and irritated to have to clean up the trash.

The only way out of my lease is to find another tenant to take it over. I don't know any college students here to do that. They mentioned craigslist, but I've never done that.

I'm just frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well at least someone is cleaning up!

Could you maybe put an ad in the University paper? or hang fliers?

Craiglist might be a good option too...

Dont despair! Once a friend told me to NOT be afraid to change things that arent working... so... it this is not working for you, dont be afraid of changing it Billie!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast