Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking apartment/home leases?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 263892
    Well at least someone is cleaning up!

Could you maybe put an ad in the University paper? or hang fliers?

Craiglist might be a good option too...

Dont despair! Once a friend told me to NOT be afraid to change things that arent working... so... it this is not working for you, dont be afraid of changing it Billie!
    Thank you.

I came home to a beer bottle in the grass.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you sublease you would need to have an airtight one, otherwise you'd still be on the hook.

Call the codes officer... or research until you find a corporate head. They usually don't have to deal with "the customer" so they frequently default to the supposed mission of the company.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, it wouldn't be a sublease. Once they pay their first months rent, then I'm off the hook completely. I clarified that with leasing agent.

Walked out just a little bit ago and found another beer can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call the non emergency police number and ask them what you can do. Perhaps the undergrads are not even old enough to be drinking??

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's good to know, Billie. I guess that's the easiest way out in some respects. Craig's List is free. All you really need to do is sign up and then post your ad in the proper section. I've used it once.

Sure hope you can resolve this. I still think, getting to the CEO of the company that owns the apartments would help. It's a real shame that you have to go to all this trouble.

You are in West Virginia, yes? Not that it matters, just reminding myself.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep WV, a very pretty state.

I found the parent company or at least an older sibling company....I think I will call/or email them. I can tie in pictures with an email and make sure that I don't miss anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a plan. Just keep digging until you find someone who cares.

The drinking...if they are underage, the police can get involved in that. You don't need to have knowledge of a crime, only a suspicion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I emailed a 4 page letter to the apartment complex, along with pictures. I requested to be let out of my lease without any penalties.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so frustrated. I emailed my complaint on Monday and today it's Friday and I have not heard one thing. I didn't even get a response back that said that they received the email.

Given their lack of response I sent the message to their parent company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. That's what you do...escalate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast