Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Eeeeekkkkk

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will buy it then, student version of office 11 is 35 so not a biggie.

    I had a little play last night, it's going to take a little while to get used to, it took me half an hour to work out how to shut it down! Will have more time to play tonight!















  2. #22
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 263939
    I think I will buy it then, student version of office 11 is 35 so not a biggie.

    I had a little play last night, it's going to take a little while to get used to, it took me half an hour to work out how to shut it down! Will have more time to play tonight!
    but you know you don't really shut it down right? you just close the lid? it'll sleep for ages without losing power altogether and then it'll start right up really quickly when you open the lid

    I find office mac awful in general :( outlook 2011 is "ok" if you have an exchange mail account but it's all non-mac looking and icky compared to iWork.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 263948
    I find office mac awful in general :( outlook 2011 is "ok" if you have an exchange mail account but it's all non-mac looking and icky compared to iWork.

    Tom (... and that's all I have to say about that!)

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I don't know what to do now! Lol















  5. #25
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 263959
    Oh I don't know what to do now! Lol
    Well if I were you, try iWork first. It's by far the better package. If you find that you can't open some stuff or youre having problems, THEN splurge the 35 on office. Not like office is going anywhere and you HAVE to buy it now or anything
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 263967
    Well if I were you, try iWork first. It's by far the better package. If you find that you can't open some stuff or youre having problems, THEN splurge the 35 on office. Not like office is going anywhere and you HAVE to buy it now or anything
    Have just done that! Thanks, now to find a tutorial to work out how to work the thing properly LOL















  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question..... If I save a document on any of the iWork apps on the iPad will I be able to open and edit them on the Mac?















  8. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 263969
    Quick question..... If I save a document on any of the iWork apps on the iPad will I be able to open and edit them on the Mac?
    The short answer is "yes", you can.

    The long answer is that right now, you've pretty much got to export the document on your iPad, then sync with your Mac. You can then open get to the docs and open them on your Mac.

    However, as soon as iCloud hits the street, you should be able to store all your documents like that in the cloud and they'll sync wirelessly to all your devices.

    Tom (... floating on an iCloud...)

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you know that you've got the nick name now of the 'apple boys' LOL

    tell me about aperture? my student gift card is burning a hole in my pocket!!















  10. #30
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 263997
    do you know that you've got the nick name now of the 'apple boys' LOL

    tell me about aperture? my student gift card is burning a hole in my pocket!!
    Gosh that's a hard one really.

    The two most obvious choices are Adobe Lightoom and Apple Aperture. In the very early days, Aperture emerged as the leader in my opinion. It felt more professional and as if it had been designed WITH photographers.

    Over time, apple reduced the price massively and updates have felt a bit few and far between :/ It's still got some great features though!

    I think lightroom has developed to be slightly the better product and I like that I can use it on pc or mac depending where I am. A lot of mac photographers really really like aperture.

    Now they used to do a trial, I'd recommend downloading it if you can because it's a very special app and theres no guarantee you'll be able to get into it!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •