Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Port Orleans?

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds weird but with regards to walking, it's the last half mile that kills me! So proximity to a bus stop is important to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed in Parterre Place and although we didn't use the buses it used to take me 5 minutes to walk from the shop/food court back to the room so roughly the same from the South depot bus stop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Then you'd want to request Acadian or Magnolia for your building. They don't always honor those requests but it doesn't hurt to ask. However, keep in mind that the order of bus stops is South Depot, West Depot, North Depot and East Depot. South is the main depot and quite frequently, the bus will fill up there and everyone at the other stops who can get on, end up having to stand. My DW and I always stay in Alligator Bayou and always request either building 14 or 18. Don't always get it but we request it anyway.

However, it's really not a bad walk even from the back of the resort to the South depot out front. We've done it many times. But it's not our preferred method.

Tom (... we're walking, we're walking...)

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always stayed in the Alligator Bayou section, building 14 to be exact. It is very close to the main building. I personally drive so I don't know what the bus transportation is like.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    POR is my favourite resort been for the last 2 years and if i come back it wil definately be POR.Enjoy the entertainment PIANO BOB AT POR and ELIOT DYSON AT POFQ.Love the boat ride to DOWNTOWN DISNEY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    it sounds like a wonderful resort

and I think not walking at Disney is really not an option hahahaha, however, it sounds like the walk is doable, wherever you are placed in the resort, which is a big plus with two little ones

So POR is larger and has more pools, the foodcourt and the restaurant and lounge

Does PORQ have its own foodcourt? The pics on the Disney website show the same foodcourt for both

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 263889
    Does PORQ have its own foodcourt? The pics on the Disney website show the same foodcourt for both

Yeah. That's a little misleading isn't it. One of the pics on the Disney site for POFQ actually shows the interior of Boatwrights Dining Hall at POR. The other pic is of the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court which is the food court at POFQ.

So yes, POFQ has a food court of it's very own.

Tom (... POFQ also had a really cool slide in the pool but POR is still our favorite!)

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, the pics on the Disney website are not veyr helpful

That dragon slide looks amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    POFQ is much smaller and looks like New Orleans. It does have it's own food court and pool. I love it. I keep saying I'm going to stay there but always end up at Riverside.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Disney website is lacking in showing all these resorts have to offer...

Guess in a way its a good thing? keeps people interested in staying at more expensive resorts hahahaha, but from what Ive read here, it is really worth a stay there

Ive never been to New Orleans, but would love to go sometime...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast