Thread: The 20/40 trip, Day 5, the day I got lost in 100 degree heat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 5- The day I got lost in a car park in 100 degree heat!

Up early again for early entry to Islands of adventure with the intention of doing Forbidden Journey, I can normally do this kind of ride but I think I may have had a dodgy tortilla chip last night ;). I held the bags while Jon and the kids rode it then went on dragons quest a few times, they said the ride was fantastic and really enjoyed it. I forgot to put that yesterday we also went to Seuss Landing and rode Cat in the hat and the Seuss train in the sky. Jon felt queasy on the cat in the hat! What's that all about. Anyway back to the day in hand....having done the rides we wanted to do in IOA we decided to head over to US for opening time which was 9am, we got there just at the right time and headed straight for Rip Ride Rockit which was broken :( so we rode the Mummy, twister ( i knew i recognised the guy from Big Love) Disaster which I think is aptly named, Jaws and Men in black again. This time there was no drama with the lockers and i got the highest score!!! Read it and weep Daniel!! We then decided that it was time to head out of the park. I was really disappointed with US on the whole, we felt we had done all we wanted to do in 2 mornings, yes it was quiet but we spent a lot of money on the tickets.

We headed off towards Downtown disney as i needed to check some disney tickets, i needed a day for tomorrow and i knew one of my old tickets had a day left but i didn't know which one and knew that Lisaw whom i was meeting for the Key to the Kingdom tour at MK would kill me if we were late because i had a ticket drama. We decided to have lunch at Chick Filet mmmm i love their chicken sandwich and honey mustard sauce. After lunch we drove up to downtown disney and Jon very kindly offered to drop me off and then go park and then i'd ring him and he'd come and pick me up. Well that was the plan anyway, he dropped me just behind the world of disney and i walked straight into Guest services, checked my tickets - nice CM wrote in permanent marker on there for me what was on each ticket and walked back out to the road. I can't believe i walked past WOD without going in! I got my US phone out of my bag and tried to call Jon, no answer, i texted, no answer, i texted him on my iphone no answer, i rang him on my iphone ...no answer. I rang him 10 times on the US phone.....no answer. Being about 1pm it was really quite hot with blazing sun. I was quite annoyed by this point and starting to get a little worried. With no sign of them i headed off into the first car park thinking i would spot the car, do you realise how many white SUVs there are in Florida? Well it seems every other car was and only being the 4th day we had it i hadn't memorised the licence plate. I thought logically and walked diagonally across the first and second and third car parks ringing both phones occasionally with no answer. I was really hot and getting more panicky and actually quite close to tears - silly really but i didn't know what i was going to do next. I decided that there was no way with empty spaces he would have gone to park any further so decided to return to the path and walk towards where he'd dropped me. I got back to virtually where he'd dropped me had stopped and was scanning the cars when i heard a JULIE! it was Jon parked almost opposite where he'd dropped me. They had realised straight away that the phones had been left in the safe at the hotel and come after me but i'd already left as i was so quick sorting my tickets out. I was so relieved, it sounds really silly but i think it stems from a situation when i was young when i got lost in a sand dune! I was really surprised that a Disney Security person didn't spot me and make sure i was ok. Anyway all was ok now and we returned to the hotel and went down to the pool again, i spent a couple of hours floating on a sea horse - our word for noodle and then we decided we'd like to stay within walking distance for dinner so we could have a glass of something and no one would have to drive. We decided to go back to Margaritaville as it had been so nice a couple of nights ago but it was closed for a private party. We ambled up to Bubba Gumps and got seated straight away. Now i wasn't expecting much here either, i have eaten in the one in Charleston, SC a couple of times with guests from out of town and have been a little disappointed and felt that it was expensive. I was actually quite pleased though, we all had some kind of shrimp and it was all delicious. Our server was actually a very nice young man ;) and he spent lots of time with us. He asked us about our knowledge of Forest Gump and we answered almost all of his trivia questions, i don't know if they usually do this but it really added to the experience. All in all a good meal, not cheap but i didn't mind because in a few days i wasn't going to have to pay for any food! Early night tonight as i needed to be up early to meet Lisa to do the tour tomorrow!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Must be awful for you glad it all got sorted in the end phew!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate being lost!! I just can't stand it..and in 100 degree heat I think I would have cried!!

Glad it ended well..and with a good dinner to boot :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of when we lost Jack just before Wishes.

Glad you enjoyed Bubba Gumps,we can't wait to do it again

Post Thanks / Like
    Think if id got lost there i wouldve headed back to the shops - and then blamed the husband for any purchases i had to make!
    RRR seems to be broke alot, it broke a few times when we were there and ive heard other people saying about it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the worst feeling, isn't it? Good that it all worked out.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Julie, you weren't lost, you knew where you were, you just didn't know where Jon was. LOL

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate getting lost and I feel like I am in outer space when I keep ringing and Toņo doesnt answer!

Glad they found you soon enough