Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so its thursday... where would you be today if

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember though, Mick if you want a table service place (including buffet) at WDW, you'll have to do an ADR. Otherwise, you run the very real risk of not having any place for dinner!

Now, that's not a huge issue as far as I'm concerned as long as you are ok with counter service (and as I've mentioned in your other thread, EPCOT is a great place for counter service).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264158
    i could be absolutely anywhere as i dont plan to be at a certain place on any given day. we just decide the night before and go. we dont do ADR's so we arent tied to be somewhere on any given day or time.

saying that the way im feeling right now it would have to be typhoon lagoon on a sunbed in from of the main pool sipping a long cool drink. sheer bliss
    Sound thinking Mick! Like the way you think!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264163
    Remember though, Mick if you want a table service place (including buffet) at WDW, you'll have to do an ADR. Otherwise, you run the very real risk of not having any place for dinner!

Now, that's not a huge issue as far as I'm concerned as long as you are ok with counter service (and as I've mentioned in your other thread, EPCOT is a great place for counter service).
    ermmm tink have you posted in the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 264194
    Sound thinking Mick! Like the way you think!
    i just love the two disney water parks especially typhoon lagoon dan. its just the best place to chill if you cant get about much you just cant beat it
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    No,not the wrong thread... you commented on not doing ADRs and that prompted my response to you...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264234
    No,not the wrong thread... you commented on not doing ADRs and that prompted my response to you...
    i was just checking to see if you noticed my mistake :wink:

yes i will have to make a couple, once ive decided where to go. one looks like YSH as i love a nice juicy fillet mmmmm
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I really do hate to say this because we do like YSH, however the filet mignon is much better at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (at Dr. Phillips). For the amount you'll pay, save your steak for Ruth's.

YSH has fallen victim to the DDP and it shows in the lessening of the quality of the food. Service is still excellent (especially if you get lucky enough to have Ricardo).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264251
    Well, I really do hate to say this because we do like YSH, however the filet mignon is much better at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (at Dr. Phillips). For the amount you'll pay, save your steak for Ruth's.

YSH has fallen victim to the DDP and it shows in the lessening of the quality of the food. Service is still excellent (especially if you get lucky enough to have Ricardo).
    cool thx for the info. where is dr phillips, ive never heard of it?
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Take Palm Parkway which turns into Turkey Lake road to the intersection of Sand Lake Road. At that intersection take a left on Sand Lake. That starts the Dr. Phillips area.

Ruth's Chris (and many other very nice restaurants) is on Sand Lake (on the right side of the road at the corner of the shopping area...).

Dr. Phillips has many nice restaurants and shops. If you continue along Sand Lake a bit you will come to the intersection of Dr. Phillips Blvd and Sand Lake. Take a right on Dr. Phillips Blvd and there are many more shops and restaurants along there.

It's not far at all from DTD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264254
    Take Palm Parkway which turns into Turkey Lake road to the intersection of Sand Lake Road. At that intersection take a left on Sand Lake. That starts the Dr. Phillips area.

Ruth's Chris (and many other very nice restaurants) is on Sand Lake (on the right side of the road at the corner of the shopping area...).

Dr. Phillips has many nice restaurants and shops. If you continue along Sand Lake a bit you will come to the intersection of Dr. Phillips Blvd and Sand Lake. Take a right on Dr. Phillips Blvd and there are many more shops and restaurants along there.

It's not far at all from DTD.
    cool you learn something new every day thanks so much tink your a star with all this info
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    If I "know it" I'll share it! I have big gaps in my knowledge though because I don't use cash for rooms or buy tickets other than APs, so I'm useless with that sort of stuff.

Food though? Food, I know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast