Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BROWN DERBY

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has enyone eaten at the BROWN DERBY at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I haven't but I've never heard a bad word about it. After reading the menu I think it is the type of place you go for a nice sit-down meal. Not that this is of any relevance to the dining there... but their Cast Member Restrooms are the nicest in the park
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 263922
    No, I haven't but I've never heard a bad word about it.
    Then pull up a chair, get some popcorn, sit down and get ready

First time we went, my steak arrived red in the middle with blood on the plate (I asked for it well done), DW's chicken was stone cold. I mean not warm, COLD. They responded by sticking their fingers in the chicken to see if it was cold ;/ then they got upset when I said we didnt want that one any more

Next time there I had the crab cake. Never been so ill in my life never ever again.

Last time the ADR was for one time, we didnt get seated for an hour later and then were rushed all the time to get out.

Honestly, it's kinda the best in the studios but it's far from great in my experience.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We've never eaten there because of the very many bad reviews from friends and CMs alike.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been there twice. The first time I can't really recall so it wasn't memorable at all. The second time, I ordered the Cobb salad and grapefruit cake. The thing that IS memorable about that time was being questioned whether I liked grapefruit or not. I AM going there on Sunday and doing the Fantasmic dinner package. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went there last year - loved it. The Cobb salad was amazing!! So much so that I stole the recipe and now I cook it at home

Post Thanks / Like
    We had lunch there, on our last trip. We had an early sitting, were seated promptly and the service was good. I had the Cobb salad, which was delicious... and huge! The whole meal was good.

I was slightly taken aback to discover, after drinking some of the wine, that there was a crack in my glass. They apologised profusely and not only replaced the glass swiftly but brought us a fresh bottle of wine too.

Maybe we just happened to go on a good day.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 263946
    Maybe we just happened to go on a good day.
    in fairness, the last time we were there was for a fantasmic thing. Although our server wasn't great, the lady sitting beside us was some kind of manager there and had been doing paperwork. We got talking to her and she was truly excellent and very very Disney like indeed. We ended up with a nice wine flight to try and a great special dessert.

I think it's perhaps another case of variable service depending when you go and who you get and that's my problem with Disney since the dining plan. They're charging too much to be anything other than brilliant every single time! Variable doesn't cut it when you're charging those prices
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We have eaten there several times. We both love their Cobb Salad. However, we had stricken it from our Dinner List because of the food quality. One time my DW had ordered the filet and you could barely find it on the plate, it was so small. However, last year we both wanted to go for lunch to get the Cobb Salad. We ended up sharing that and several other appetizers. We were chatting with our server and in the course of the chat told her why we didn't go there for dinner. Well the next thing you know we had a manager standing at our table apologizing for past experiences and telling us that they had a new chef who had revamped the menu and that we should come back and try it. Because of the change in our November plans (due to the wedding) we won't be able to squeeze it in this time but we definitely plan to give it another try.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    been there loads of times totally love our meals there and never had a bad meal or service there but its always been lunchtime when we have gone there. we love the relaxed atmosphere there :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast