Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let The Planning Begin :)

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great kid she is, your Lauren. You've given them hope for the future Mick. That is a beautiful gift from a Da to their children.

Plan the holiday of a life time!!! Try not to focus too much on cost (I know, I know, we all are governed by money in the end) and do all those things you've always wanted to do and didn't!

This is going to be such fun watching you (and helping a bit where we can) plan this incredible holiday.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 263993
    You need to have a countdown too!
    i dont have dates yet kate, all i know is we have talked about going for 3 weeks and the only time we can go for that amount of time is easter. so its easter 2014

Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 263995
    Sounds fab Mick, it will really give you something to look forward to

Sandra
    OMG will it sandra, i love knowing when we go usually but this one will be something special esp after having major surgery. i cant wait to go it will have been 7yrs between any kind of holiday which is unheard of in this house, four being the longest

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 264009
    Sounds like a great plan Mick. Love the name. Hope it comes to fruition.
    it will happen john, the only reason not to is my health, like im not around to go. if thats the case i wont know anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 264017
    I think you'll love the AKL, so beautiful! And ADR's can be fun too!!!
    not sure it will be AKL because of the cost i will see how much it is now to give me an idea against all the others

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 264021
    There is no better celebration then spending a few weeks having fun with your family

So now where do you want to eat??
    totally agree with you shelly. the next holiday was going to be just me and denise but seeing whats happening to me, lauren and michael and my nephew jamie all want to come. it will defo be the most special trip to WDW without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1976, post: 264024
    Yay, nothing better than planning a trip to WDW
    you got that one right lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 264031

Love the name of the trip

Looking forward to see your plans!
    yes me too jeff, its very apt in the circumstances, dont you think!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264038
    What a great kid she is, your Lauren. You've given them hope for the future Mick. That is a beautiful gift from a Da to their children.

Plan the holiday of a life time!!! Try not to focus too much on cost (I know, I know, we all are governed by money in the end) and do all those things you've always wanted to do and didn't!

This is going to be such fun watching you (and helping a bit where we can) plan this incredible holiday.
    i know tink she is the most generous person i know, she even gave me 100 towards my dental costs, ive found out too she is giving me her ragtop sports car next year when she gets another one but newer. OMG you cant get more generous than that can you

cost is a major factor of any holiday for us tink as we are a low income family and we make big sacrifices to go to WDW but thats what we choose if we want to go there, you only live once and we want to enjoy it, even more so now. i have a plan in my head what we will do and stay. me and denise have also made some very important plans for the future to make sure the time i have left will be the happiest of my life and it will give us both the opportunity to do a lot of things we never thought we would be able to do because of finances but i have a plan
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! You'll love KSC.

Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 263973
    Lauren by the way is calling the trip
    "A CELEBRATION OF LIFE"
    Aw, bless her heart.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand low income, Mick. It's my lifestyle too. However, I've learned that sometimes it really, really isn't about the money, it's about the living.

You are a careful family (as are we) and you don't spend recklessly, nor foolishly.
    Things sometimes happen in this life that show us that the experience is worth more than what it takes (money wise) to accomplish that experience.

I hope that makes sense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264110
    I understand low income, Mick. It's my lifestyle too. However, I've learned that sometimes it really, really isn't about the money, it's about the living.

You are a careful family (as are we) and you don't spend recklessly, nor foolishly.
    Things sometimes happen in this life that show us that the experience is worth more than what it takes (money wise) to accomplish that experience.

I hope that makes sense?
    yes it makes sense. thats why id really like to do AKL for a few days. im being realistic here, if say after this trip i might not be able to travel or might not even be around to go again so i think its the one time we need to do it, just so we can say we did and have no regrets that we didnt when we had the chance. im just off to see how much it is a night to stay at each
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful name

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264120
    yes it makes sense. thats why id really like to do AKL for a few days. im being realistic here, if say after this trip i might not be able to travel or might not even be around to go again so i think its the one time we need to do it, just so we can say we did and have no regrets that we didnt when we had the chance. im just off to see how much it is a night to stay at each
    Mick, you said that you'll go for 3 weeks right? Well after Easter the hotel seasons change and become less expensive. So if it didn't matter if you stayed on Easter itself , it may be a little less costly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 264151
    Mick, you said that you'll go for 3 weeks right? Well after Easter the hotel seasons change and become less expensive. So if it didn't matter if you stayed on Easter itself , it may be a little less costly.
    10/10 for oberservation tink

the thing is i dont know how long before or after i have either side of easter our school holidays fall, i want to keep as far away from the holiday period as i can to see if there is much of a price fluctuation, i really dont know the cost of staying onsite esp at a deluxe
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Deluxes are pricey. Plan on at least $275 or so, a night, and that is probably low now. I use DVC points so haven't kept up with the nightly rates...

However, if you know what is coming and have planned and saved for it, it won't really interfere, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264164
    Deluxes are pricey. Plan on at least $275 or so, a night, and that is probably low now. I use DVC points so haven't kept up with the nightly rates...

However, if you know what is coming and have planned and saved for it, it won't really interfere, eh?
    i didnt think it would be cheap tink hmmm thats around 175pn and i know AKL is more expensive than most. so maybe i need a rethink and stay at a moderate and one of these has taken my eye PORFQ or POR
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast