Thread: Flying from Manchester

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually go from one of the big london airports but Manchester would probably be closer and easier to travel to than London. Are the airport parking and hotel packages as reasonable? Is there anywhere attached to the terminal? Do flights tend to be more or less expensive? Any pitfalls?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Manchester is brilliant, so so easy. The Radisson Hotel is right on the doorstep, there is even a moving walkway to the terminals. Pricier than a Travel Lodge obviously but for peace of mind, treat yourself it's a great start to the holiday. I doubt you'll do London ever again once you've done Manchester. Google Radisson Blu Manchester..... that's the one you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 264026
    Manchester is brilliant, so so easy. The Radisson Hotel is right on the doorstep, there is even a moving walkway to the terminals. Pricier than a Travel Lodge obviously but for peace of mind, treat yourself it's a great start to the holiday. I doubt you'll do London ever again once you've done Manchester. Google Radisson Blu Manchester..... that's the one you want.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 264027
    Thank you
    You're welcome X

Post Thanks / Like
    If you didn't want to drive and park, there is a train directly to the airport from Manchester Piccadilly - runs like clockwork. Could mean your journey there would be less stressful if you didn't have to worry about traffic etc - just sit on the train all the way there et voila. (Treat yourself to first class while you're at it )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkkent, post: 264055
    If you didn't want to drive and park, there is a train directly to the airport from Manchester Piccadilly - runs like clockwork. Could mean your journey there would be less stressful if you didn't have to worry about traffic etc - just sit on the train all the way there et voila. (Treat yourself to first class while you're at it )
    oh don't you worry, i have a chauffeur! poor Jon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 264023
    We usually go from one of the big london airports but Manchester would probably be closer and easier to travel to than London. Are the airport parking and hotel packages as reasonable? Is there anywhere attached to the terminal? Do flights tend to be more or less expensive? Any pitfalls?
    We usually fly from Manchester and use the Radisson Blu Hotel which is connected to the airport. The short stay carpark is the closest to the terminal - a zebra crossing is all that seperates the carpark to the terminal. Having said this, there are cheaper options for both hotel and car parking. We're just lazy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    How did I miss this one

The Radisson Blu is the hotel that is attached to the airport, it is a longer walk that from the Gatwick Hilton though.

The other thing we found is that unless you want an al a carte menu or a bar snack there really isn't much choice at the Radisson. If you thought like us, you could get something at the airport, then you are out of luck Manchester is very small before customs (it's not that much bigger after ) and there isn't anywhere to have a meal.

You will notice a huge difference between Gatwick and Manchester.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    last year we stayed at premier inn for 29, we then drove to the short stay terminal 2 car park where we booked our car in for the duration of our holiday. it was a short walk from our car to the airport. very easy, very good

we have booked the car park for our trip next easter it cost 70 for the duration of our stay next year, cheaper than last year i think because we have booked it more in advance. premier inn is comming in at 49 so i keep checking to see if it comes down before i book that.

i have nothing to compare aiports to having only flown from birmingham before manchester last year, but i thought it was good. lots of shops etc restruants etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 265923
    i have nothing to compare aiports to having only flown from birmingham before manchester last year, but i thought it was good. lots of shops etc restruants etc.
    that's the thing. when you are used to another airport going somewhere different is always strange

We didn't find any decent restaurant before customs it would be good if there were, we might think about flying from there again.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.