Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with onsite Dining

Post Thanks / Like
    as you know i really want to stay onsite for a few nights next trip.

so what are your favourite onsite restaurants, and your least favourite restaurants and why!!
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you know one of my all time favorites is Beach Club's Cape May dinner buffet. I love it because I love shellfish, and because it's truly a buffet that has something for everyone, beef, pasta, chicken, mash, ribs, lovely vegetable choices, and fabulous desserts.

I like Yachtsmans Steakhouse for beef, of course although it has changed over the years... it still is a nice place to go.

For a non-fancy lunch we like to go to Bongo's walk up window for a cuban sandwich and pappas (mashed potato done up lovely!). Also, we like Cooke's of Dublin (walk up at Raglan Road) for fish and chips. Quite nicely done, and fresh.

Oh, and we really like most of the walk up counter service places in EPCOT. There is a huge variety there, and everyone can choose from what they like throughout the countries.

Germany and Morocco are really fun places to eat dinner (or lunch) as they have entertainment.

We avoid House of Blues (absolutely inedible the last time we went, won't be returning) Planet Hollywood (nothing to recommend it for us, loud, expensive and poor service) and Prime Time 50's Cafe in DHS (because of the scary interaction with the servers!!! ).

Hope that helps a bit Mick!

Might be best to start eliminating places based on what the menu has to offer? If you don't like what's on the menu it's an easy miss then, yeah?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks tink. that gives me an insight on a few. yes i think i should start looking at menus, then asking for the experiences of each ressy. got to be easier that way. thanks
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    OH! Forgot to mention Sunshine Season's Food Fair in EPCOT (In future world). It's a GREAT place with a huge variety of things. Not crazy prices either. Good for any meal of the day.

Remember too, Mick that you find your best value (and sorry to say, best food) offsite now. Have a meal or two onsite, everyone likes a bit of Disney Dinner Magic, but for real budget help, plan on eating offsite for the most part.

Not sure how you feel about bringing in your own food (to the Disney parks) but that's perfectly reasonable, and a great way to have a decent lunch without breaking the bank!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264167
    OH! Forgot to mention Sunshine Season's Food Fair in EPCOT (In future world). It's a GREAT place with a huge variety of things. Not crazy prices either. Good for any meal of the day.

Remember too, Mick that you find your best value (and sorry to say, best food) offsite now. Have a meal or two onsite, everyone likes a bit of Disney Dinner Magic, but for real budget help, plan on eating offsite for the most part.

Not sure how you feel about bringing in your own food (to the Disney parks) but that's perfectly reasonable, and a great way to have a decent lunch without breaking the bank!
    ok thanks tink will look at those you mentioned.

i was only thinking of eating onsite while we stayed onsite. im planning on 2 weeks in orlando, one week at the parks, then a week seeing the sites. take in an airboat ride, a riverboat cruise on the st johns river which is highly recommend to me by my uncle. then any other places of interest i can find out about. then a week on the gulf coast at cape coral in a newly build friend villa hopefully :)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mick our favorite on-site TS restaurants are JIKO, Yachtsman Steak House, Artist Point and California Grill.

QS - Casey's, Tangierine Cafe, or as Tink says just about any walk up in EPCOT.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 264170
    Mick our favorite on-site TS restaurants are JIKO, Yachtsman Steak House, Artist Point and California Grill.

QS - Casey's, Tangierine Cafe, or as Tink says just about any walk up in EPCOT.
    thanks john

ive heard a lot of good things about jiko's so thats a very good possibility, will have a look at the menu and if its ok i'll add it to my itinery spreadsheet :D
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My pick - Yachtsman or Flying Fish

(Le Cellier is also *still* a favorite, even with the recent decline.)

Jon loves Germany (for the beer, mostly) and Flying Fish for the food

Andrew loves Chefs de France for the Grilled Cheese

Baleigh - well she's an odd one - she once ate only a sandpail full of snowcone at Ohana's, three papercup full's of pickle chips at Epcot, and the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream - so she's a bit of a loose cannon

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Mick...

Ya gotta go to the 50's Prime Time at DHS!

You haven't lived till your server tells you to get your elbows off the table and eat all your vegetables or you'll get to go stand in the corner.

Besides, the desert menu on the Viewmaster is almost worth the trip!

Tom (... beat me, kick me, make me write bad checks!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Tink... Cape May is DELICIOUS!!!

We also really enjoyed Sana'a which isnt mentioned often, but we loved the atmosphere, the views of the animals and the food :)

Bistro de Paris has been one of our best meals at Disney too :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast