Thread: best pet to adopt :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Neither of us has ever had a pet, but now we're both working from home we think it's a good time!

I know its a personal thing but whats a good starter pet? that sounds awful but a pet that just needs to be loved but doesnt need really clever grooming that we wouldnt know anything about

Is there a good place to go like some kind of shelter ? thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    What sort of house do you live in? Do you have children? A garden? Live in a city or out of town?

A starter pet?

Are there any local shelters or rescues you could visit?

How about a retired racing greyhound? They don't have much hair and are pretty easy going dogs once they've learnt not to chase anything small and furry.

Post Thanks / Like
    What sort of house do you live in? Do you have children? A garden? Live in a city or out of town?
    Do you have allergies, do you want to have to brush and groom, can you pay vet bills?

OR a good starter pet would be :sigs-object-101:or maybe one of these or how about one of these if you want something smaller :birdie:

Post Thanks / Like
    You ask a question and we ask you more questions!

Dawn and Dorothy have asked most of the essential questions.

In addition, what is your lifestyle? You mentioned working at home, but what about travel and things like that where you would need to have care for your pet?

Vet bills also can be horrendous. Just the basic wellness visits for cats and dogs can be pretty pricey. I've never had any other pets, so not sure about those costs.

And keep in mind the emotional attachment you'll form with your pet. If you're like most people, your "starter pet" is likely to become a family member! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cats are probably the best for busy people. They don't need to be walked or groomed (usually). They are very independent. They'll let you know when they want attention.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!