Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offsite Dining Recommendations Please :)

Post Thanks / Like
    we love longhorn steak house there is a brilliant one at lake mary if your flying in or out of sanford we use it as a after flight meal place or before we board our final meal.
    personally i find charleys as more of an experience place and over priced its great for once visit but its very server orientated with the explanation of where the steak comes from but to be honest if your wanting a quick meal for us it doesnt happen but as i say its personal my opinion.
    im not a buffet person either sorry so cant comment i find them like school dinning halls
    ive heard loads about mannys chop house which we must try at some point but i believe its a bit of a drive.
    to be honest there are so many places you could never eat at them all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264331
    thanks everyone. ive not heard of a lot of these places so it will be nice to sample some food from some of them

that was the other one i couldnt remember was golden corral on lbv that wasnt bad at all
    Tink is right, we love the Golden Corral in Brunswick Georgia but the one in Erie Pennsylvania is totally disgusting. They seem to vary from place to place but be better in the South.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are fans of the outback steakhouse - quite a few dotted around Orlando. You may have seen one near where you live Mick, it's just gone into liquidation.
    I was looking forward to going there after the baby to have their cocktails especially the wallaby darned, now I have to wait until next year for them
    Also recommend the Bubba Gump shrimp company over at universal - great atmosphere

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 264423
    We are fans of the outback steakhouse - quite a few dotted around Orlando. You may have seen one near where you live Mick, it's just gone into liquidation.
    I was looking forward to going there after the baby to have their cocktails especially the wallaby darned, now I have to wait until next year for them
    Also recommend the Bubba Gump shrimp company over at universal - great atmosphere
    yeah we had once a few miles from us and i noticed the other week it was closed. for what it was i thought it was quite expensive, i really preferred an american steakhouse called simply blues the fillets were to die for and quite reasonable and a better quality of food
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264425
    yeah we had once a few miles from us and i noticed the other week it was closed. for what it was i thought it was quite expensive, i really preferred an american steakhouse called simply blues the fillets were to die for and quite reasonable and a better quality of food
    You're only 10 mins from where I live, we used to go to the outback for birthdays and things like that. The service wasn't always that great but I loved those wallaby darned drinks and the chicken wings .
    Simply blues!!!! I haven't been there for years and from what I remember it's lovely - may have to go there again soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 264426
    You're only 10 mins from where I live, we used to go to the outback for birthdays and things like that. The service wasn't always that great but I loved those wallaby darned drinks and the chicken wings .
    Simply blues!!!! I haven't been there for years and from what I remember it's lovely - may have to go there again soon
    blimey i just noticed your just down the road from me lol my brother lives in wickford. small world eh!!

yeah i love it there dont go that often but the service is 1st class as is the food. we go to the one in leigh, but they say the one in hornchurch is just as good if not better
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264428
    blimey i just noticed your just down the road from me lol my brother lives in wickford. small world eh!!

yeah i love it there dont go that often but the service is 1st class as is the food. we go to the one in leigh, but they say the one in hornchurch is just as good if not better
    Yeah small world
    Oh didn't know there were 2, we used to go to the one in Leigh. may have to drag my family there on the next birthday get together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 264429
    Yeah small world
    Oh didn't know there were 2, we used to go to the one in Leigh. may have to drag my family there on the next birthday get together.
    i didnt until i looked on their website. i reckon thats where we will go for laurens birthday next month
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 264430
    i didnt until i looked on their website. i reckon thats where we will go for laurens birthday next month
    If you go you'll have to let me know what it's like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 264435
    If you go you'll have to let me know what it's like
    i reckon we will go weve been last three birthdays we like the chain that much

of course i will let you know what its like sue
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast