Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offsite Dining Recommendations Please :)

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you favourite places to eat offsite please. So far we have always eaten offsite, but always at the same places ie ponderosa, maccy d's, Denny's diner.

So where do you eat? Chinese, Indian, steakhouse etc and where. I'd like to broaden our horizons next trip as mostly we eat at the villa we rent.
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a run over to Tampa one evening and go to Bern's Steakhouse, Mick.

There's one you won't soon forget!

Tom (... no, a little thicker please!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Local places we've tried and enjoyed (for the most part)

Melting Pot
    Longhorn Steakhouse
    Uno's (not for the pizza).
    Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
    Charley's Steakhouse
    Red Lobster (for a particular salad they have there with shrimp and crawfish)
    Fish and Chips (little place up in Apopka on 436)
    Yellow Dog Eats Cafe
    Maryland Fried Chicken (the only one we have been to is on 50 in Winter Garden).
    Olive Garden on I Drive (the largest one in the area)
    Memories of India (in the Kmart shopping plaza on Turkey Lake Rd).

There is an Ethiopian restaurant on I drive but I don't remember the name of it.

Sweet Tomatoes used to be decent but has fallen off.

Texas de Brasil (it's a churrascaria, an all you can eat meat place for the most part although they do have other things)

TooJays Deli on Dr. Phillips

We don't do MacDonald's or Burger King, or those sorts of places so I can't really comment on them.

I will not step foot in a Chik Filet or a Denny's. Ever. Not if I'm starving.

We have a couple of other little locally owned places, but they'd really be out of the way for you.

We avoid all buffets off property except for those in Gaylord Palms. They are nasty dangerous places (again, with the exception of Sweet Tomatoes but they are getting icky now too).

What sorts of food do you and your family like to eat, Mick?

Oh, the places in Celebration are decent enough too, but the only Antonio's we really like is the original in Maitland. The last time we ate at the other two (one in Celebration and one in Dr. Phillips) we were terribly disappointed so won't be returning there.

Ale Houses are decent. They've changed hands, but they are still ok. Basic food, but good enough and quite reasonably priced.

We've tried Mimi's, Chili's, Urban Flats, places like that. Meh. Nothing to go nuts over, ya' know?

For offsite breakfast we generally prefer Bob Evans. Very clean, very nice service and we do love those "oh so bad for you" biscuits and sausage gravy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    wow great post thanks Tink!!!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Forgot Bonefish. It's a restaurant along the lines of Longhorn (midrange prices) that specializes in fish. I go there for the Chilean seabass. They also do an incredibly good hamburger on a brioche roll!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    another two are PERKINS OR GOLDEN CORRAL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Golden Corral is a buffet. The one nearest to downtown Disney is the only one I'd ever go into, but even then I honestly won't anymore.

However, there is a Bahama Breeze next to it, and that place can be fun. It's part of the Darden chain of restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn, Bahama Breeze...).

Post Thanks / Like
    We like Bahama Breeze - had a very nice meal in the new one on the 192.

Texas de Brazil is great for meat lovers, even better if you sign up to the website just before you go and get coupons!

Didn't eat at Olive Garden this time but have always enjoyed it before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We like Applebees and so many of our guests love it in there.

Thai Thani at Celebration
    Bahama Breeze ( there's a new one at Rolling Oaks on the 192 along with a Olive Garden, Millers Ale House, Longhorn and Sweet Tomato's)
    Carrabas
    Manny's
    Sweet Tomatos
    Olive garden
    Kilwins at Celebration for an ice cream sundae

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone. ive not heard of a lot of these places so it will be nice to sample some food from some of them

that was the other one i couldnt remember was golden corral on lbv that wasnt bad at all
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast