Thread: diets and getting nowhere

Post Thanks / Like
    I could scream, its always the same, I go on a diet and I do all the right things but then the weight loss slows to the point where I'm eating nothing and not really losing any more weight. Anyone else???? what do you do

Post Thanks / Like
    Our bodies love habits and love to find them in us. That's why it's always good to change up your exercising routines. If you normally walk, then add a couple jogs in the mix of things. Doesn't have to be a long jog, just change it up. Also, remember, if you eat too little your body will think it's starving so you won't lose anything.

This is always a struggle for me too. Due to my intestinal issues and work schedule I eat once a day between the hours of 4-6. Then unfortunately I splurge on the weekends. NOT a good routine. And exercising...when am I suppose to do that?!?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you eating enough? Sometimes if you arent eating enough your body wont lose any more weight

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever weight loss program you follow, there will be a period in which your weight loss levels out. The important thing is to remain focussed.

Generally speaking, when you're looking to lose weight, you should be eating approx 500 calories less per day than you did before. Add in some light exercise for 30-45 minutes a day and that will help.

Also, the ironic thing about dieting is that you should be eating a small amount of food but on a frequent basis. Low fat/low sugar yoghurts and fruits, or anything high in protein but low in carbs.

Calcium rich foods will actually assist your body in removing fats from your system.

Top tip - don't eat any carbs after 7 pm. If you're hungry at night, try food with a high protein content (scrambled eggs, ham, chicken, tuna fish etc) It's actually the protein in foods that trick your brain into thinking you've had enough to eat.

Hope that helps?
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    What works for one person doesn't always work for another, and it depends on who you talk to as to what to do too! I've lost 2 1/2 stone (35lbs) in a year. I have done it very slowly, eating healthy foods and doing exercise. It's now a way of life not a diet, there is no quick fix, if you lose it quick you will put it back on. Sounds to me that your body is revolting because you're not eating enough. Perhaps tell us what a typical day involves?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it happens to everyone, and thats when we lose motivation and stop dieting, exercising, etc...
    Ive heard countless times that I jus thave to push past that stage, shake up the exercise, drink more water, etc... because as has been said, the body rebels

hang in there!