Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think McCain will win - not from any realy political insight on my part - just a feeling that there was a such split in the democratic vote and there is a feeling ( perhaps wrongly) - that there is a large element of voters in America who will not vote for someone who is not white or female. I saw a survery on a BBC program that suggested 15% of Americans thought Obama was a Muslim

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a survery on a BBC program that suggested 15% of Americans thought Obama was a Muslim
    :rolleyes008: I saw this as well. My mother has sent me so much silly propaganda regarding Barack Obama, that I finally had to block her from my email.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this may the first time ever I have been ambivalent about voting :( I always vote and have always been excited about it. I do not feel that way at all now.

I wanted Hillary to be president. I like her a lot. I like Obama ok but I swear there will be an assasination attempt if he wins. Same would have happened to Hillary too :mad:

Timothy Kaine is the governor here in Virginia. He is essentially my boss. I like him a lot. He has been in local politics for a long time. He is very new to the higher level. He is very liberal which does not set well with most people in this very conservative state. I tell all my clients who want to petition to get their voting rights restored that the time to do so is now. When a Republican comes into office here (which will be the next election, I am sure b/c Virginia does that :rolleyes008:) they won't have a shot in you know where!

Now, our former governor Mark Warner would be a good candidate. He is a Democrat but fiscally savvy. He was a happy medium for many people.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 26156
    I think this may the first time ever I have been ambivalent about voting :( I always vote and have always been excited about it. I do not feel that way at all now.

I wanted Hillary to be president. I like her a lot. I like Obama ok but I swear there will be an assasination attempt if he wins. Same would have happened to Hillary too :mad:

Timothy Kaine is the governor here in Virginia. He is essentially my boss. I like him a lot. He has been in local politics for a long time. He is very new to the higher level. He is very liberal which does not set well with most people in this very conservative state. I tell all my clients who want to petition to get their voting rights restored that the time to do so is now. When a Republican comes into office here (which will be the next election, I am sure b/c Virginia does that :rolleyes008:) they won't have a shot in you know where!

Now, our former governor Mark Warner would be a good candidate. He is a Democrat but fiscally savvy. He was a happy medium for many people.
    OOOH!! Interesting to hear from somehow who actually LIVES in VA...even more interesting since you were (and obviously still are) an avid Hillary advocate...

What do you think about Hillary being vp candidate? Would you be more excited about a potential Obama presidency?

Post Thanks / Like
    Truth be told, I really miss Bill. I love him. And a lot of the world loved us when he was President.

I would love to see a woman as president but a man of color will come first. I don't think many really want a woman president. Now, if she did get the VP with Obama, I might be more excited. I don't know though. I hate being ambivalent, that is so not my nature.

Virginia is such a weird state. We only allow a governor one 4 year term. Nothing gets done around here because of it. The state employees pretty much decide who is going to be governor. They tend to swing back and forth like a pendulum b/c the governor is their boss and they vote for who is going to do what. When he doesn't do what they want, they change to the other side. It's silly! I have always voted Democrat except for the one time in the Republican primary when Ollie North was running. Had to vote against him!!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The world love Democratic presidents. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    very true.

Post Thanks / Like
    They don't try and destroy us.

Post Thanks / Like
    ..Or inventify new wordifications

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast