Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't trust any of them over here... they all lie to get in then when in they conveniently forget their promises.... IE: Blair on our EU referendum...... Brown too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's necessarily that politicians lie so much as they don't really have all the power that they think they are going to have. We have our system of checks and balances to make sure that the President doesn't make absolute decisions. So, one really needs to blame everyone in power, not just the one person.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Grammiepo;26673]Are you saying here, what I think you are saying, I for one was worried someone would shot Bush and he would live, for the same reason. But have now come to think it is the system and not a man.
    thats exactly what I'm afraid of Grammie Po . With a name like Barrack Hussein Obama . His previos religion Muslim . There are pics in him that I saw on CNN where he had a turban on . I just don't trust him . And I;m not the only one that is thinking this way . All of a sudden his previous pastor is saying GD America and all sorts of other things , but Obama says, this never happened before . OK !!! And we are expected to believe this hogwash, Y . Not me, I wanted Clinton . I won't be voting in this presidency . Obama that rhymes with Osama is not getting my vote .

Post Thanks / Like
    Well being someone who lives in Upstate NY and not in the city I have to say that I have no real respect for Hillary. Around here we heard a lot of talk, but not much beyond that. Everyone does for the city and seems to forget that there is a state of New York beyond the city. Anyway she isn't really popular around here at all.

As for the election..there is no one who I feel represents me. I'm really not sure what to do..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 26753
    Well being someone who lives in Upstate NY and not in the city I have to say that I have no real respect for Hillary. Around here we heard a lot of talk, but not much beyond that. Everyone does for the city and seems to forget that there is a state of New York beyond the city. Anyway she isn't really popular around here at all.

As for the election..there is no one who I feel represents me. I'm really not sure what to do..
    Interesting words Shelly...I'd have to say I feel quite the same way....I do not support McCain's politics, and I've never seen eye to eye with Hillary (I don't know why, not sure I can coin it, but she's just not trustworthy in my opinion...not that any politicians *really* are of course.) Now...I do like the charisma and passion of Obama, although I'm not sure that's enough for him to get my vote. His politics seem those of mere rhetoric in my opinion....but in the end...aren't they all?

I'm not apathetic by any means, because I do love to watch the process...so even in the worst of years, I get excited. I believe that the electoral system as we know it is on its last legs, and I am excited about the prospect of being around to see it change. We are still a young country yet, with much to learn....sometimes it takes hard mistakes and harsh lessons to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I wasn't apathetic this go round :(

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    ME TOO!!! What can I do to get you excited?!?! Captain Morgan as McCain's VP? Joe Jonas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot see me voting for McCain. He just seems too old and out of touch.

Now if Captain Morgan and Joe Jonas ran together, I'd get excited

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...I'll see what I can do.....

I have to say...I was SHOCKED to hear that McCain was nearing 72...while I *do* respect and am grateful for his service to our country...there are just too many core issues with which I disagree with him on...I find no fault with him, personally...but his politics don't hunt. (as my grandfather would say )

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. He seems like a decent human being. I just don't want him or any Republican really running the country. So, that being said, I will probably vote for Obama. I hope I get excited before Nov.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast