Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    McCain is too old in my opinion. He supports the war in Afghanistan. He supports the war in Iraq. He's hot tempered. He's already started a smear campaign. And I can't see anything in his agenda that will benefit poor americans. And his environmental policies scare me.

Obama is fresh. He's been to Europe and made himself known. We like him. He stood up in Detroit and told carmakers to clean up their act. That would win my vote. He's got good ideas - new ideas.

He used to be Muslim? There are 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide, no getting away from it. They are a common religion and 99.99999999999% of them are a peaceable race. The tiny minority? Timothy McVeigh was a tiny minority...

If I was a US citizen I'd be voting Obama. And I would be voting. It's my voice and I'd want it heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think he'll win though?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 26793
    Do you think he'll win though?
    Sadly, no I don't, it's not his time, he's too young and doesn't have enough experience. I also don't think the majority of Americans are ready to "break the mould" yet.

I agree with Johnie, I think if he does win I and that's a big "if" there will be an assassination attempt :(

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    And there wouldn't have been if Hillary was elected?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 26803
    And there wouldn't have been if Hillary was elected?
    Yes I think there would have been :(

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    But then most presidents will be the subject of an assassination attempt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 26816
    But then most presidents will be the subject of an assassination attempt.

true, I've just got this feeling that America isn't ready for a change from their usual Presidental candidates and if it was they would need someone stronger than Obama. I was very surprised that Hillary wasn't the candidate, whatever she has or hasn't done, she just seems a stronger person than Obama.

I don't really bother with all the politics and everything, I think deep down they are all as bad as one another, especially in this country. I will vote at the next election, purely with the hope of getting Labour out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 26726
    thats exactly what I'm afraid of Grammie Po . With a name like Barrack Hussein Obama . His previos religion Muslim . There are pics in him that I saw on CNN where he had a turban on . I just don't trust him . And I;m not the only one that is thinking this way . All of a sudden his previous pastor is saying GD America and all sorts of other things , but Obama says, this never happened before . OK !!! And we are expected to believe this hogwash, Y . Not me, I wanted Clinton . I won't be voting in this presidency . Obama that rhymes with Osama is not getting my vote .
    What if Clinton is his running mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shellyamc, interesting statements! I have several family members in your general area and they all support Hillary to the nth degree. They found her a breath of fresh air to the good old boy way of doing NY politics. Isn't perspective an amazing thing! :D But my family has always been democrats, so it's hard to get past their support of a democrat, eh?

Honestly, I get quite heartsick at the thought of four more republican years. :( I really just don't know which way this election will go. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 26968
    Honestly, I get quite heartsick at the thought of four more republican years. :(
    So does Europe at least. We'll be watching election closer than any other in recent history. Bush has scared the wiggins out of us, and we need a break from that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast