Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 26973
    So does Europe at least. We'll be watching election closer than any other in recent history. Bush has scared the wiggins out of us, and we need a break from that.
    yep I think there's much more interest in the American political scene than there is in the domestic UK one. Of course that could well be because the domestic UK politicians are duller than a very dull thing on a dull day
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 26793
    Do you think he'll win though?
    I think he can. In my heart, I honestly think he can. Am I being optimistic? Perhaps. But that's ok, I can live with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimism is a good thing.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 26788
    He used to be Muslim? There are 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide, no getting away from it. They are a common religion and 99.99999999999% of them are a peaceable race. The tiny minority? Timothy McVeigh was a tiny minority...
    While I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with your conclusion, there is no factual evidence (that I've read) that supports the assumption that he was/is/every claimed to be Muslim.

Like I said though, either way, I agree with your statement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never said he used to be Muslim. Another poster did. I was just rebutting the implication that Islam is a negative religion.

Post Thanks / Like
    So noted. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it true that the people on the edge bits of America vote Democrat as they tend to 'get out ' more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm I dunno, Chris...I do know through my poli sci classes that TYPICALLY the more educated one becomes, the further "Democratic" they lean...

I will say that since moving from the deep south, my opinions (politically) have changed and evolved quite drastically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 26968
    Shellyamc, interesting statements! I have several family members in your general area and they all support Hillary to the nth degree. They found her a breath of fresh air to the good old boy way of doing NY politics. Isn't perspective an amazing thing! :D But my family has always been democrats, so it's hard to get past their support of a democrat, eh?
    Well I guess it would all come down to what you saw going on around you. I know she would come and give big amazing speeches, but there was never any foundation behind it. I didn't see any change in policy, no change in any taxes, no change in any of our schooling (which I know is a huge part of her campaign), and basically just saw a whole lot of nothing. It was kind of like she came here, bought a big beautiful house, and then said I'm a New Yorker..worship me!! I'm with beccaberry, I just never trusted her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 27230
    Is it true that the people on the edge bits of America vote Democrat as they tend to 'get out ' more?
    I can tell you that Virginia is a complex state. It usually votes Republican. This is still the south, especially the southwest part of the state...that's about as rural as your going to get. They lean Republican. The whole state is based on tobacco. It is a HUGE industry and is fueled by lots and lots of dollars that the Republicans tend to get them. Now, northern Virginia is another place entirely. It might as well be it's own state. They tend to vote Democrat. The beach area also tends to vote Democrat. Sometimes I feel like the lone Democrat here in central Virginia.

My thing is I want to help people. You need money to do that. I don't mind paying taxes to help those who need it. Not everyone is as lucky as others.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast