Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    As you know, it's election year here in the good old U S of A.

The primary was actually more exciting to me than the election will be, but none the less the two candidates are:

For the Democratic side: BARAK OBAMA. (Jaysus, I hope I spelled his name correctly).

For the Republican side: John McCain.

So, without any personal comments directed toward one another :D shall we discuss how we feel about the candidates? No one has to reveal who they intend to vote for or anything else they are not comfortable with, of course.

So then? Who's your man and why?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I said 2 years ago to look out for this senator guy from Illinois with a weird name but no one listened to me. :D

I hope he can win it. We're scared over here of another 4 years of republicans scaring the rest of the world. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink...I *think* there's a "c" in there somewhere in Mr. Obama's name....but I can't be sure...I'm pretty sure I spell it differently every time :D

I agree...the primaries were FAR more exciting than I believe the election is going to be...for the first time I saw people actually *interested* in what the candidates had to say...especially between Hillary Clinton and Obama...

Any opinions on whether Clinton will be Obama's running mate? How about Timothy Kaine? Repercussions from either choosing or not choosing Clinton?

I still think the race to watch is on the Democratic side....

Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't think Clinton gets Barack Obama as much as he needs to counter the republicans but I also don't necessarily believe he'll have much of a choice! I think with the Clinton's history, all it'll take is a few calls to the super delegates and Obama will have a heck of a time avoiding Clinton as running mate.

Argh though, I feel she'll be an anchor on his agenda and in fairness to her, she could easily begin to outshine him. She's definitely got more chance of doing it than your typical lame VP :D

Jim Webb could POSSIBLY come some way to delivering virginia to the democrats but has said he doesnt want the job so then you'd have to look to Kaine for having a similar base but doesn't help Obama fight the "inexperienced ticket" criticism.

There's John Edwards but all I can say is oh dear god no
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    it will all mean the end of my Bushism of the day calendars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 26113
    it will all mean the end of my Bushism of the day calendars
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think Clinton would like being VP - it's pretty much a nothing job with no power unless the P is incapacitated by a pretzel.

Post Thanks / Like
    'either you disarm, or we will'

:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 26119
    Don't think Clinton would like being VP - it's pretty much a nothing job with no power unless the P is incapacitated by a pretzel.

Normally yeah but that goes hand in hand with the P choosing a traditionally fairly lame candidate and keeping them doing the jobs that the P doesn't want to do.

I suspect Clinton has a strong enough experienced base to be able to stand up to Obama. I really believe it would be a different dynamic if she was to get VP.

Post Thanks / Like
    She might not "like" being the veep, but I think she would take the nomination.

Kaine *is* inexperienced, and if Obama is looking to him to deliver Virginia, I think he's going to have a rude awakening there; he's not that popular in VA.

Webb might be able to pull it off (as well as a few liberal Republicans) but as you said, he's saying he doesn't want it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast