Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new for my little family...

Post Thanks / Like
    As many of you may know (because you've watched it happen), apparently my children have gone ahead and grown up without my express permission. Christmas, while still a very special time for us, has taken on a very different perspective. So this year as we were discussing "Christmas Lists" Baleigh said, "We have everything, mom, why don't we just take a trip?" Of course, I tried to play it cool. "That's interesting. If we did that, where do you think you'd like to go?" My beautiful 19 year old son and 13 year old daughter immediately and in unison shouted, "LET'S GO TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!"

And i thought...why not?

And so, we are

A REAL DISNEY CHRISTMAS.

I'm a little overwhelmed

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to see you back and yes they do grow up! Fantastic news, where will you stay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tinkfan

It's been agreed that we will stay at the resort "that started it all." The first on-site resort we ever stayed in, All Star Sports.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the coolest kids.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just fantastic!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas at Disney is such a fun experience! It's great that your children are into it.

Here's a great idea from the past. It's a little trickier now, but still fun.

Set a dollar limit (say $5 per) and visit each country in the world showcase. Purchase something within those limits and fill their stockings. It's a GREAT way to enjoy Christmas morning, especially if you have them guess which country each little giftie came from.

We are going to be doing it again this year. (You do know we're going to Disney for Christmas too, yes)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What a fantastic plan!

Post Thanks / Like
    awwww, thats lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fantastic Becca. Wish we could get our family together like that.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    How cool is that?

Way to go, Christmas at Disney has to be one of the greatest things..I think I love the vintage style decorations along the streets of Disney Studios. Love the light show and the "snow" . It is really festive outside of Mama Melroses. Always Christmasy there.

Great that your kids want to go at their age.

My DD wanted to celebrate her 21st birthday at WDW so we are going this Jan. Woo hoo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast