Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AirTran I LOVE You!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they still under their old luggage policy or, now that SW owns them, do they go under theirs?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 264618
    Are they still under their old luggage policy or, now that SW owns them, do they go under theirs?
    I thought this was a very good question, so I did a bit of research and found this on their website:

Business as Usual
    Today, AirTran Airways and Southwest Airlines will begin working to integrate the two carriers but for now, nothing will change and it's business as usual. This mean you'll book travel just as you do now at www.airtran.com or by calling 1-800-AIRTRAN. Also, there will be no immediate changes to either airline's current policies including seating configuration, boarding process, route map, baggage fees and frequent flier program.
    So, no, guess I'll still be paying for baggage or traveling with carry on

Post Thanks / Like
    Air Tran still operates as a Subsidiary of Southwest and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future especially out of Atlanta in markets that they compete directly with Delta Air Lines in. Southwest sees the value the customers expect from the Non Cattle Car lower end Business class service that Air Tran offers. Southwest is also trying to compete more with US Airways in the Southeast making the Air Tran business model much more compatible with that customer base. Operating as a Subsidiary allows Southwest to offer two different Products under the same roof.

You'll continue to get a decent deal with Air Tran to include better service look for that to change as their operation makes the transition into a union workforce in Atlanta. Personally I am a Delta Person and given the choice Id fly a Full Service Air Line over a Low Cost carrier any day.

Goofymac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyMac, post: 276375
    Southwest sees the value the customers expect from the Non Cattle Car lower end Business class service that Air Tran offers.
    Southwest? Non Cattle car? I'm just surprised they haven't gone to subway straps instead of seats.
    Although I think they were looking at that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyMac, post: 276375
    Personally I am a Delta Person and given the choice Id fly a Full Service Air Line over a Low Cost carrier any day.
    +1 on that! Of course, I'm prejudiced too. Hometown airline and all that.

Hmm... based on your earlier statement about driving 7 hours to Disney, it appears we might be neighbors. Of course, from up here on the lake it takes me 8 hours or so.
    As long as 400 and the downtown connector aren't toast!

Tom (... hi y'all!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12