The Downtown Disney®Resort Area Hotels are kicking off a six-week essay contest today to award one-week vacation prize packages to each of two U.S. military families of four.
Active and retired U.S. military personnel who are stationed anywhere in the world are eligible to enter the contest by either submitting a link to a 90-second video on YouTube or by drafting an essay of no more than 300 words stating why their family is proud to be a military family.
Entries must be submitted via the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels website at Downtown Disney Hotels and must be received between October 3, 2011 and November 18, 2011.
Winners will be announced on the website by December 9, 2011.
Two military service personnel each will be awarded a seven-day, six-night vacation prize package for four that includes:
- Seven-day / six-night accommodations (for the military service person and up to three of his or her immediate family members) at one of the Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels
- Free airfare to Orlando on AirTran Airways (for the military service person and up to three of his or her immediate family members) (only for non-Florida residents)
- Roundtrip ground transportation from Orlando International Airport to the host hotel provided by Mears Transportation
- Four free three-day Disney Magic Your Way® Based Tickets with the Park Hopper® Option
- Four free tickets to DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park
- Complimentary breakfast and dinner at the hotel each day (for the military service person and up to three of his or her immediate family members)
“Our U.S. military personnel go above and beyond the call of duty and make daily sacrifices to serve our country. We want to reward their hard work and dedication,” said Marti Alexander, chairperson of the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotel’s marketing committee. “What better way to honor their contributions than with a Downtown Disney vacation.”