Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biergarten (Germany) Epcot

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

I ate there with my ma, gramma, and aunt this week and we SO enjoyed it. Some tips below:

#1. It's pricey, but worth it. I recommend eating for lunch. I think it ran us $22 pp. That included the buffet and non-alcoholic drinks (soda, tea, coffee). Dinner goes up another $10 but they only add a couple more items to the dinner menu like sauerbraten and some dumplings. Big deal. There's enough on the lunch menu to satisfy.

#2. They serve beer and wine. Get the beer. I had the 1/2 liter of Oktoberfest. It was $7.50 and fabulous.

#3. On the buffet there are cold salads such as typical lettuce salad but a delicious tarragon vinaigrette dressing. Cucumber salad, beets, coleslaw, and other various German-type cold salads. Assorted sausages, cold cuts, etc. Delicious breads, pickles... The hot side had sliced meats, more veggies, salmon, chicken schniztel, potatoes, and the best preztel rolls...(ma and I snuck a few of those out in our purse for later...) An absolute BOUNTY of the most delicious foods you will eat at Epcot.

#4. Dessert was apple strudel with vanilla sauce, a berry compote, chocolate cake, and cheesecake. Pick your poison.

#5. Entertainment starts at 1:15pm. Our rez was at 1pm. We got to see the band twice. They were fantastic and getting people to sing German drinking songs. LOL! They played the Alpine horns and encouraged kids (or anyone) to go down front and dance.

#6. The Decor. It was Soooooo cute in there! A moonlit outdoor German venue during Oktoberfest. Decorated like a small German village with banners representing the regions of Germany, a stage for the performers, dance floor, and water wheel.

#7. The seating is on 3 levels, each level with ~5 steps. I did not understand this and said my party had to drive their scooters in. However, there was no place to park scooters once inside. Leave your scooters outside unless you are competely immobile. They will accomodate and put those with limited mobility on the same level as the buffet. I recommend the lower level to enjoy the entertainment, the mid level to be on the same as the buffet, and the upper level if you don't care about either.

#8. I will SOOOOOO be eating again at the Biergarten! Eating at 1pm, I was full the absolute rest of the day! Only room for drinks. LOL! PROST!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds really good Gen we had planned to eat there this year, but weren't able to unfortunately.

It's on our list of "must do" for next year.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't Germany fun? Even us with our "not so thrilled to be seated with strangers" enjoy it here.

I love the schnitzel and their sausages!

Nice that you had a good time! (Oh, and we love the pretzel bread too)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe we have this on our list to take Donna's brother in a few weeks.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a fun place!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not too keen on the food myself - my boys are though. I do enjoy the entertainment and i love the feel in there oh and the beer :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretzel bread

This is one of Jon's "must do" places when we go now. It's usually a 2-liter-beer-lunch ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 264716
    Pretzel bread

This is one of Jon's "must do" places when we go now. It's usually a 2-liter-beer-lunch ;-)
    that's a lot of trips to the rest room:tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 264718
    that's a lot of trips to the rest room:tongue:
    Holy cow...you have NO idea!! Jon's bladder is roughly the size of a fruit fly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 264719
    Holy cow...you have NO idea!! Jon's bladder is roughly the size of a fruit fly!
    i think i may be related

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast