Have you ever wished you could create magical Halloween pumpkins of your own?
David Caranci, manager of Resort Enhancement at the Disneyland Resort, has given us some not-too-spooky Halloween pumpkin-carving templates featuring some faces you may recognize!
Davidís steps to successfully carving your Halloween pumpkin using the Disney character templates.
These instructions work for both artificial and real pumpkins.
- Chose your Disney character template.
- Enlarge or shrink your template to fit the size of your pumpkin.
- Cut around the template, reducing the paper size to include only the features to be sculpted.
- Tape or pin the template on to your pumpkin.
- Draw over the template with a pencil, pen or store bought template tool.
- Remove template from pumpkin.
- You should see indentation lines on your pumpkin highlighting the features to be sculpted.
- Using a safe pumpkin sculpting tool, slowly begin to sculpt your Disney character face.
- As you sculpt, stop and look often to ensure eyes, nose and mouth are in proportion.
- Remember to sculpt a hole under your pumpkin to insert a LED candle.
Have fun :D