Thread: Vintage Walt Disney World: Disney Vacation Club Marks 20 Years

In Neverland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today, Oct. 7, marks the 20th anniversary of the start of sales for Disney Vacation Club.

Here is a photograph of the original Preview Center as it was nearing completion in June of 1991 at what is now known as Disney’s Old Key West Resort.

The Disney Vacation Club Preview Center is now located at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

Inside the Storybook Room, guests were given an entertaining presentation regarding the purchase of an ownership interest in Disney Vacation Club. Whilst the Storybook Room has been updated and moved over the years, the very first one actually included a giant pop-up storybook. With a book that size, it’s no wonder Tinker Bell was on hand to turn the pages!

Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh... I remember that place!

My daughter and I took the tour way back when one time when we were down there. Probably back about 1992 or 93.

They had a really cool movie that they showed and I still remember to this day at the end of the movie, Tink flies off the movie screen and up to the very top of the room and lets fly with a load of Pixie Dust. One of the coolest effects I ever have seen.

Sure wish I'd been able to afford to buy back then!

Tom (... still too poor!)