Acceptance testing of Monorail Peach on the monorail system has been completed, including final detailing and painting, enabling it to join the fleet effective October 7, 2011.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why did it take longer to bring Monorail Peach online (than it did Monorail Teal)?
Unlike Monorail Teal, Monorail Peach was built with two completely new nose cones. Additionally, the new train also required the same extensive electrical and mechanical testing, which enhances overall reliability, as any new vehicle we add to our transportation fleet.
2. Did you use parts from Pink and Purple to make this train?
Yes. Monorail Peach is comprised of new parts and parts from Pink and Purple.
3. Are there any safety concerns given that you used some parts from the damaged trains?
No. Safety is a cornerstone of our company and at the heart of everything we do. Monorail Peach experienced the same extensive testing as any new or refurbished vehicle we bring into service in our transportation fleet.
4. Will Monorail Peach use any new technology or upgrades?
No. Monorail Peach will use the same technology as the existing fleet.
5. Are Guests allowed into the pilotís cabin?
No. [It looks like this special service will not return anytime soon...]
6. Were other colors considered for the new train?
In partnership with Walt Disney Imagineers, we considered a variety of different colors for the new monorail train. We decided that peach stood out best from the other color stripes already in the fleet.