Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handmade gifts for fundraising..ideas needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 264818
    I dont mean the "proper" christmas cake, mean cupcake sort of things that people can buy to have with a cup of tea! Could you do a little cake sale type of thing too, you know like at christmas fete/jumble sale type thingy?!

Notebooks and pens sound good

What about some bookmarks? Or you could make some little jewellary and put it in the organza bags with little christmas confetti

Bookmarks, yes! I'd forgotten about those and my Mum's been knitting birthday cakes, I forgot about those too! Maybe she could do some Chrismas cakes.

Not sure if i'd be able to sell real cakes as I'd be in the staff cafe area (which is Costa Coffee...nice move costa!) but have been thinking about a tombola, will have to check whether that would be allowed though.

Finding the right location to be able sell without having huge costs on pitch fees is not easy, i thought of having one at the middle school Matthew attended but their fee was 15 or so for a table....is it me or is that crazy?

And the jewellery sounds like a nice idea too...

Post Thanks / Like
    That does seem alot - have you told them its for the hospice? Seems unfair to charge like that when its going to such a good cause

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest that was last years price, I need to pop in there soon anyway so maybe I will ask again.

Post Thanks / Like
    That such a wonderful thing to do

I quite like fabric ornament which stuffed with cotton wool and few drop of christmas spices and it smells so lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 264857
    That such a wonderful thing to do

I quite like fabric ornament which stuffed with cotton wool and few drop of christmas spices and it smells so lovely!

Nice idea Jeff, we could do fabric ornaments I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you make some extras, I'll buy some off from you so I can contribute to the hospice too (I'll cover the cost of the postage too.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 264861
    If you make some extras, I'll buy some off from you so I can contribute to the hospice too (I'll cover the cost of the postage too.)

Oh bless you Jeff, that's very kind.

Not saying I will defo make them but tell me about the shape of the ornaments? I'm concerned about the spices as the fragrance would wear off wouldn't it?

I was thinking about padded hearts in Christmas fabrics too.

Post Thanks / Like
    on the ornaments side go into your local garden centre, there are lots of ornaments there to get inspiration i've seen a lot this year and thought wow i could make that so easily - i like the christmas hearts etc.

you can't go wrong with a cupcake either

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite like Christmas heart

You could add scent oil every day for few days and it should last longer, maybe add couple of drops before you sew it up?

Post Thanks / Like
    If i had a christmas dec i really liked it wouldnt worry me if the scent had worn off!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast