Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Handmade gifts for fundraising..ideas needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 264922
    I know

Sharon didn't feel the need to see the hospice nurses until within the 2 weeks before she passed away and saw them only a handful of times (what a girl hey?) They were fantastic, anything she needed was sorted immediately, and when she went into the hospice for her last 14 hours the care she received was so tender, what an amazing and special bunch of people.

They are my chosen charity, along with Macmillan and Cancer Research.
    Hospice's are wonderful, the people that work there are so special and so much more personal, kinder etc than the staff at hospitals

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 264959
    Hospice's are wonderful, the people that work there are so special and so much more personal, kinder etc than the staff at hospitals
    They truly are Kate, nothing is too much trouble for them, they will do anything and everything they can, I don't think I could ever thank them enough for how they looked after my Dad

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isabelle was 2 when BiL was admitted to the hospice for his care, they were wonderful there and didnt mind that i took her there to visit at all, they never once made us feel uncomfortable and didnt mind all the toys/prams/dollys etc that accompanied us on our visits! The hospital, well thats another story, we were very uncomfortable there and made to feel like we shouldnt be there

Post Thanks / Like
    St Barnabas is a new hospice, opened no more than 6 months ago. It replaced the original St B's hospice at a new site and is a beautiful, calm, peaceful place. Private rooms and bathrooms, gardens, lounges for visitors. If Sharon hadn't agreed to go in when she did she'd have been at the hospital which none of us would have wanted.

It was the perfect place, we couldn't have wished for better for her, for Martin and for the boys.

I haven't been into a hospice since my Nanny passed away when I was 18, this one is so very different to the one she was in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234