Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handmade gifts for fundraising..ideas needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the loooong background story! Sharon, Sally and I all worked in the offices of our local water company. I left many years ago, Sally is still there as was Sharon until she had to retire due to her illness.

At Sharons funeral donations totalling 720 were given for the hospice where she was wonderfully cared for.

I arranged to go into the water company to sell our handmade cards and gifts in a bid to raise more funds, which I did yesterday and raised 100. Some people bought, some people just came along and gave me money. It was lovely as I caught up with some old faces I haven't seen for years and there were some tears for my lovely sister.

They had a 'dress down' day too where everbody wears casual clothes and donates to whichever charity is being supported on the day. For Sharon, and to coincide with the card sale, they decided to dedicate yesterday to the hospice. I don't know how much they collected yet.

Anyway, to get to the point, some people asked if I could go in again before Christmas so I MAY contact the powers that be next week to ask whether that would be possible.

If I do I think I will just go with the Christmas theme. Our past 2 sales have been cards for various occasions, cushions, knitted and crocheted shoulder bags, textile art, fabric covered trinket boxes, knitted and sequined brooches and small padded hanging fabric hearts.

Soooo, I'm wondering what sort of little handmade gifts YOU would like to see on a Christmas craft stall? :o)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like whimsical things... so for Christmas I would like to see some type of ornaments that could be used on a tree. Or even memory baubles... the basic round tree ornament painted with a person's name... that sort of thing?

I love faeries as you know, so anything to do with Christmas faeries would be great! Cards, or again ornaments of some sort.

I have a faerie who is cloth, but poseable. She must have some sort of wire in her to allow me to have her "sit"...

Not explaining it well, I know.

You are such a wonderful person for doing all of this Mairead.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Homemade christmas cards, xmas decs that the kids would love (pine cones that sort of thing), christmas gift bags, little stocking fillers (just little knick knacks in an organza bag) - that sort of thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Tink, I'm doing this because it gives me a purpose which I need right now.

I have thought about trying some ornaments so will look for easy peasey instructions! Also the faeries sounds interesting but I'm not sure my sewing skills are up to that.

Mum will knit/crochet some more little girls bags in Christmas colours, the ones she made for the past 2 sales are so cute!

Sharon has a big box of handmade soaps and bath bubbles at home somewhere so I'll look those out to sell too.

Post Thanks / Like
    christmas cakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know of one type of ornament. Herself's niece did this for her mother...

Purchased white pearlized Christmas decorations (plain balls). Used puff paint in a squeeze tube to write each person's name on a separate ornament. Herself's mother still puts them on her tree each year.

Very simple, and pretty. Easy to personalize with names or anniversaries, ect.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 264805
    Homemade christmas cards, xmas decs that the kids would love (pine cones that sort of thing), christmas gift bags, little stocking fillers (just little knick knacks in an organza bag) - that sort of thing!
    stocking fillers....mmm, what about small notebooks and pens that i could maybe cover in fabric?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 264810
    I know of one type of ornament. Herself's niece did this for her mother...

Purchased white pearlized Christmas decorations (plain balls). Used puff paint in a squeeze tube to write each person's name on a separate ornament. Herself's mother still puts them on her tree each year.

Very simple, and pretty. Easy to personalize with names or anniversaries, ect.

oooh that sounds interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 264808
    christmas cakes!

That scares me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont mean the "proper" christmas cake, mean cupcake sort of things that people can buy to have with a cup of tea! Could you do a little cake sale type of thing too, you know like at christmas fete/jumble sale type thingy?!

Notebooks and pens sound good

What about some bookmarks? Or you could make some little jewellary and put it in the organza bags with little christmas confetti

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast