Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid O2

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I am quite cheese off with o2 at the moment...

I am considering upgrading my iPhone 4 to iphone 4s this Friday coming. I was told that they do have fast track and I do not qualify as my tariff is under 40.

I explained to lovely people at the store that the reason I am on the tariff (which is 35!) as I do not need high minutes call as I am Deaf and cannot use the telephone but only data blah bah...

Was told that I need to pay 280 to get out of the contract and start a brand new contract and lose the number unless I want to go through of transferring my number to pay to go and transfer it once again to my 'new' contract!!

They explained that they have changed the rules etc I tries to explain that I am not getting the best value for money on any tariff as it all included minutes. I left Orange for the very same reason.

In America AT&T have tariff which designed for Deaf people and I cannot see why other network in the UK cannot do similar.

Rant over!

Post Thanks / Like
    yep it stinks :(

I mean on the early upgrades thing, there's no entitlement. Sometimes you can get them to do you a deal based on how much you spend or promise to spend, sometimes you can't. That's the way it is, they've discounted your iphone 4 when you took out the contract and they want their pound of flesh before letting you get a discounted 4s.

HOWEVER as you rightly say, the amount of minutes included is crazy for you since you can't really enjoy them and frankly, I want to know who DOES use 900minutes a month etc. because I know I dont come close! They KNOW this and they specifically don't have low minute tariffs because they'd rather charge us for loads of minutes we don't then use.

I phoned Vodafone on friday to upgrade our work phones to the 4s and I said "look we just dont use many minutes but we use tons of data" they hmmm'd and said well look the only plans we have with lots of data have lots of minutes too. doh. so as usual we'll be paying for hundreds of minutes we'll never ever use.

This is to be honest why pay as you go styles are better even if the phones arent discounted much.

I really rate www.giffgaff.com based on the o2 network. 10 a month, unlimited texts, unlimited data, 250mins a month no contract. Sure, no subsidies on phones but if you're saving 25 a month it doesnt take long to save the cost of a new phone anyway
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the weblink...

Will have a look and wait for the contract to run out in June and decide then. I am not giving up and currently twittering my respond and questions and hopefully someone from o2 will take me seriously!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, pop in and take a look at Tesco Mobile. I had to pay for my iPhone (around 400 so still discounted but not HEAVILY) and I have a 12-month contract, 20 a month. 250 minutes and unlimited data/texts. It's through the o2 network and other than when they refused to freeze my contract whilst I was in Orlando, I've had no problems with them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    You ought to email them Jeff, just so they are aware
    Im with o2, i pay 5 a month for unlimited texts but no minutes or anything else - but its such a basic phone and im really only interested in texting anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm surprised that these companies don't do something to suit your needs Jeff.

I know that when members of the armed forces were deployed to war zones watchdog embarrassed the mobile phone companies in to freezing their accounts while they were away, maybe an email to watchdog?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last month I left O2 after being with them since they were cellnet and bt before that years and years infect very few people had mobiles back then but was sick of paying for things I didn't use so I am now a pay as you go customer on vodafone and saving myself about 40 a month granted I have to buy my own phones in future but hey hoo :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, I'm really surprised. I view the UK as a place that is very progressive with rights and provisions for everyone. I would have thought that any cellular service company would be required to accommodate the specific needs of the deaf community.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 264835
    You ought to email them Jeff, just so they are aware
    Im with o2, i pay 5 a month for unlimited texts but no minutes or anything else - but its such a basic phone and im really only interested in texting anyway
    I tries to do that and they gave me a 'blanket respond' blah blah we had to change our rules and have to treat everyone 'fairly'

I have asked them few question via twitter which is a public arena.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 264838
    i'm surprised that these companies don't do something to suit your needs Jeff.

I know that when members of the armed forces were deployed to war zones watchdog embarrassed the mobile phone companies in to freezing their accounts while they were away, maybe an email to watchdog?

That so wrong!! :thumbs down:

May try watchdog and see what happened if they do not respond.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast