Thread: Craigslist?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone use craiglist before? Any tips on posting something? Any do's or don'ts that I should be aware of?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it once to post for positions that I was hiring... no responses.

I would say to simply use the same "rules" as you would with any public posting. Don't reveal your phone number, address, or true email...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh most definitely not. In all honesty I don't want to use it. I don't like any of those types of things. I don't even have a Facebook account.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used it a few times...twice professionally, and a handful of times personally (mostly to freecycle something).

Professionally, I did not provide the name of the business I was hiring for and just posted as generally as possible while still including the job description. I ALWAYS tick off the "it is not ok to contact this person directly" box. Unlike Tink, the first ad I posted netted so many responses that the second time I posted a job op, I set up a separate gmail account just to handle them because they were flooding my work account inbox. (let me just stress here, these were not, by general rule, "good" responses...so be prepared! :-)

The other times I've used it for personal freecycling, have been very "generic" as well. I place the ad, saying I have something for free to the first person to pick it up...put it out on the curb opposite the trash corner and voila, it's usually gone before I get home! I don't give contact information of any kind, it's just first come, first served.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, things to definitely think about.

I may be posting my apartment, so that someone can take over the lease (not subletting though).

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a different email is a good idea. Now to think of a new email address.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just posted the ad. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fingers crossed

Just remember...be careful and always use your best judgement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured if I'm contacted I'll give them the apartment complex contact information. In reality, I can't do anything, even though I was encouraged to post on craigslist.

Post Thanks / Like
    One person responded. I replied to their email thru this new email address. I sent them to the apartment complex website and told them to email back if they are still interested or have additional questions.

This whole thing feels weird to me. I don't know these people and I don't want them to know me.