Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Require a Credit Card Guarantee for Signature Dining & some Character Meals at WDW Resorts

Post Thanks / Like
    Crikey, I knew people abused the system but that is terrible. I always wondered if Disney actually made any money from the DDP, especially with the free dining

I suppose it's made it more affordable for people that wouldn't normally have been able to go, but standards have dropped considerably - not just in the restaurants sadly :(

It's good to have some "insider information" :D thank you and thank the insider as well

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do, Wendy!

I was a little surprised to learn that a high ranking official would state that the DDP was not a money maker. Seems like Disney wouldn't keep something too long that was losing money. However, the general thought is that it brings in enough people to offset the dining loss in other areas.

I wonder if they'll try to determine how much they've lost in revenue from other dining sources. Probably pretty hard to gauge unless they were tracking the source of the revenue originally.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 265561
    A high ranking official (who will remain nameless) reportedly hates the DDP and can't wait to get rid of it. The official reportedly stated that WDW is LOSING money on the program and that it's done more to bring down the quality of food and service than any other "mistake" implemented by Disney! (Hey, I coulda' told him that)!

Can it go now? Can it? Please!

Tom (... worst idea ever!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to be the odd one out here, but I have to say that I like the dining plan very much. Especially after taking my parents and 2 kids on this trip, I don't know what I would have done without it. Having everything paid for and booked in advance was a huge load off and after a few bills of well over $150 I was more than happy to swipe that little card! I would be sad to see it go, honestly.

Having said that, I do like the idea of the credit card hold. If I book a meal then I go, and if I don't plan on going I cancel it and hopefully this would make this more common then it seems to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelly, many folks like the plan! I just feel that it has done much to bring down the quality of the food served (purchased to serve, actually) and the quality of the service.

The TIW card has done a bit of damage too, given its automatic 18% gratuity. When I have a TIW I never tell the server I have it until the end. I smile sweetly and imply that it slipped my mind...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive only ever booked one meal in advance, that was CP and was made online. Ive never done DDP, just the thought of it confuses me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like the dining plan, and LOVE it when its free.

I do think Disney should keep at least a percentage of its tables FREE for walk in guests, because it is sometimes impossible to determine WHERE you want to eat 180 days in advance.

Also, I mean, I know most tourists are from the US or the UK, but guests from other parts of the world have NO CLUE you have to book character meals, and soe end up eating hot dogs and hamburgers because eating somewhere "nice" is just impossible

Post Thanks / Like
    Informal insider report says that the new credit card system seems to be working already!

Walk ins are being seated. This particular restaurant was busy with all tables filled (some due to walk ins) and suffered no empty tables like they were doing with the ADR system before the credit card hold went into place.

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent news :D Lets hope it continues

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think it went into effect until the 26th of this month.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast