Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm in Ireland!

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to hear this, renew,relax and enjoy. And of course pictures for my soul please

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few pics, nothing great mind.....

THE SEVERN BRIDGE

WAITING TO BOARD THE FERRY

ALMOST ON.....

YAAAY WE'RE ON!

NO MORE CARS WAITING

WELL HELLO ROSSLARE HARBOUR, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW PLEASED WE ARE PLEASED TO SEE YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, my Wednesday morning view!

Bill's sharing his little bottle of wine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely photos Mairead, thank you Ireland is lovely The bottle of wine is "small" was there enough to go round :wink:

Chris and I really must go to Ireland one day, we didn't go before because of all the smoking - our friend's family is Irish and they go over frequently and they said it used to be terrible in the restaurants and pubs - I'd have hated it.

We are constantly nagged about going over to stay with their family, Catherine's Dad keeps saying he'll come with us and show us where he grew up and he can finally introduce me to the extended family, as they have only seen photos of his "sweetness" ( it's what he calls me, I'm never Wendy ) He's a lovely man

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh do it Wendy...I love coming over for my Ireland fix!

That wine, we're not even sure what size bottle it is other than HUGE!!

Just off to get ready for a trip to Waterford to pick up my cousin and his wife then we'll be heading for the hotel, we upgraded to a superior room with balcony overlooking the River Slaney, am getting a little excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    The picture of Rosslare brought back memories. We took the ferry from France many years ago and arrived in Rosslare. We stayed there overnight and my first meal in Ireland was Lamb Chops with a glass of milk. LOL

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't see the pictures here at work!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Will take a look when I get home. Sounds like you are having a blast. Good for you. You deserve it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great shots, Mairead! I sure hope you are enjoying every minute! Was the hotel as nice as the website made it seem?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 265521
    Great shots, Mairead! I sure hope you are enjoying every minute! Was the hotel as nice as the website made it seem?

Well we didn't stay, wasn't paying for rooms with a view of either the bar roof and fire escape, the leisure centre roof or the side of the bar! We did have dinner there with everyone then came back to Bill and Ann's for bedtime, leaving just my cousin and his wife there! They weren't hugely impressed either. It wasn't awful, just a matter of taste I think!

I do have more pics but need to sort them out still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you have a good time X Sorry the Hotel was a teeny let downish sort of.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123