Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Its All Coming Together Nicely :))

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    change of plans

    what we are thinkiing of now is and more than likely to be the plan with a few minor tweaks here and there :-

    fly into MIA
    drive to maybe fort lauderdale, uncle suggested marriott residence inn plantation, stay next day to have a look around.
    have breakfast next day then leave for orlando
    book into villa for the 2 weeks stay, or however long we choose to stay there
    2 nights AKL
    then whatever days are left we move down to the gulf coast somewhere other than cape coma

    drive back to MIA for the flight home

    suggestions for gulf coast stay would be more than welcome as we have only been to clearwater back in 2000

    ive heard good things about sarasota and st petes. ideas on those???
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Middle of England
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds lovely




  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chief, post: 265321
    that sounds lovely

    I kinda like it too it's something I doubt we will ever do again, but here's hoping
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  4. #4
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 265314

    suggestions for gulf coast stay would be more than welcome as we have only been to clearwater back in 2000

    ive heard good things about sarasota and st petes. ideas on those???
    Anna Maria Island, very close to Sarasota is lovely. Also Sanibel.





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 265324
    Anna Maria Island, very close to Sarasota is lovely. Also Sanibel.
    +1 on those.

    With Sarasota, you've also got the Ringling to explore. This is the former estate of John Ringling. Father of the Ringling Brothers Circus. There's the art museum, the circus museum, the grounds and gardens. Quite a place for a day.

    But I'm still gonna vote for St. Petersburg Beach. Probably since it's home. If you're really adventurous, you can easily drive from St. Pete Beach down to Sarasota (about 45 minutes or so) if you still wanted to make a day trip of it.

    Tom (... who likes just lying on the beach with a good book!)

  6. #6
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    We drove down to Sarasota and Anna Maria Island last year and they are really nice, the beaches are wonderful.









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 265324
    Anna Maria Island, very close to Sarasota is lovely. Also Sanibel.
    cool thx john, will check them out now


    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 265328
    +1 on those.

    With Sarasota, you've also got the Ringling to explore. This is the former estate of John Ringling. Father of the Ringling Brothers Circus. There's the art museum, the circus museum, the grounds and gardens. Quite a place for a day.

    But I'm still gonna vote for St. Petersburg Beach. Probably since it's home. If you're really adventurous, you can easily drive from St. Pete Beach down to Sarasota (about 45 minutes or so) if you still wanted to make a day trip of it.

    Tom (... who likes just lying on the beach with a good book!)
    sounds good tom thx. thats what part of the holiday is about, seeing and visiting things/places we've never done before so a drive to sarasota if we're not already staying there will be good, we can just reverse the drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 265329
    We drove down to Sarasota and Anna Maria Island last year and they are really nice, the beaches are wonderful.
    sarasota is getting quite a few votes so will defo look at and consider staying there thx wen


    guys at all these places apart from whats already been mentioned. apart from the beaches is there stuff to do at them?

    i remember tink saying in one thread there is a day catamaran trip down to key west, anyone know anything about that at all, coz im interested in the boat ride and visiting key west
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  8. #8
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    14,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got goosebumps just reading it!! It's gonna be awesome!




  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 265340
    i remember tink saying in one thread there is a day catamaran trip down to key west, anyone know anything about that at all, coz im interested in the boat ride and visiting key west
    There is from the Ft. Myers/Sanibel area. That's the only one I know of. Website for it is here. Don't know of any from farther north (Sarasota/Brandenton area). That would be a pretty long haul.

    As far as much to do, it pretty much depends on where you are. Some areas have more than just beaches. Some don't. In these cases, Google will usually provide some guidance on each of the areas.

    Tom (... long time since I've been down past Sarasota!)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 265342
    There is from the Ft. Myers/Sanibel area. That's the only one I know of. Website for it is here. Don't know of any from farther north (Sarasota/Brandenton area). That would be a pretty long haul.

    As far as much to do, it pretty much depends on where you are. Some areas have more than just beaches. Some don't. In these cases, Google will usually provide some guidance on each of the areas.

    Tom (... long time since I've been down past Sarasota!)
    i found which thread tink mentioned. the area for the catamaran ride was cape coma/coral

    thx for the link tom
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •