Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sister in Law is Off

Post Thanks / Like
    Got word form my SIL that she will be cruising on the DCL Dream tomorrow! She sent me her itinerary. Leaving tomorrow, hitting Nassau on Friday, Castaway Cay on Saturday and back home on Sunday. Getting the kids out of school early today and driving (they are in SC) to Port Canaveral tonight.

Give some pixie dust for fair winds and seas if you could.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 265345
    Got word form my SIL that she will be cruising on the DCL Dream tomorrow! She sent me her itinerary. Leaving tomorrow, hitting Nassau on Friday, Castaway Cay on Saturday and back home on Sunday. Getting the kids out of school early today and driving (they are in SC) to Port Canaveral tonight.

Give some pixie dust for fair winds and seas if you could.
    wow!! lucky your SIL im dead jealous. hope she has the most wonderful time

one day dan, one day, i'll go sailing :D

Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope she has a wonderful time on the Dream, Dan and the weather stays nice for her :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys....didn't check the weather...got to do that. Does anyone know if there are any Trop Storms out there? What happened to Ophelia?

Yikes this doesn't look too good!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure they will have a wonderful trip!

When there is a hurricane or tropical storm, the cruise will shift its course, so Im sure it will be magical, no matter what!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping that is so. They are on a short cruise so not a lot of time to find alternate locations...could just be 3 fun days at sea...

Post Thanks / Like
    There's no tropical weather issues at this time. The NHC indicates no tropical formations at this time and none expected for at least the next 48 hours.

They'll be fine.

Tom (... still say 3 days is way too short!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good news and good to know...thank you Tom!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder how excited they all are. They are going to try to get on the boat as early as possible. They stayed at a hotel...not sure which one but it was minutes away from the port. They have a daypack so they can get right to the pools and fun aboard the ship without waiting for their bags.

Wonder how the boarding process works with Disney? I couldn't believe how EASY it was to board the Allure of the Seas this summer. And the ship was totally booked. That was 6300 of our closest friends trying to get a start on the vacation at the same time. I never had an easier and quicker boarding ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 265410
    Wonder how the boarding process works with Disney? I couldn't believe how EASY it was to board the Allure of the Seas this summer. And the ship was totally booked. That was 6300 of our closest friends trying to get a start on the vacation at the same time. I never had an easier and quicker boarding ever.
    Actually, the boarding process with Disney is ridiculously easy. Here's the way it plays:
    1. You show up at the terminal sometime at or after 10:00 AM on the day of your cruise.
    2. Disney porters will unload your bags from your car/bus/taxi whatever. You won't see them again until they're delivered to your stateroom.
    3. You take your day bag and pass through the security checkpoint entering the terminal.
    4. Once in the terminal, you check in, hand in your paperwork, passports, etc. Setup your credit card for your onboard charges and receive your Key to the World card.
    5. Have a seat and wait.
    6. When you checked in, you were given a boarding group number. You board the ship based on these groups.
    7. Once your boarding group number is called which usually starts about noon, you make your way to the terminal gangway exit. That's through the mouse ears portal at the back of the terminal. Don't worry, you can't miss it.
    8. Have your first family/group picture taken on your way through the gangway.
    9. Step on board and, if you've never been there before, pick your jaw up off the deck as you marvel at the lobby of these magnificent ships.
    10. Take a bow as the crew members announce your arrival on board.
    11. Make your way back to whichever restaurant is serving the buffet lunch.
    12. After lunch, enjoy your afternoon on board while the other guests board until your sailing time. Your stateroom is generally ready about 1 to 2PM.
    13. Go up on deck 9 or 10 for the sail away party.
    14. Cheer as the ship's horn plays "When you wish upon a star"!

And the whole time, be completely immersed in the Disney experience! If you haven't done it, what are you waiting for?

Tom (... sigh... Now I want to go again!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast