Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Paper Clip Project

Post Thanks / Like
    How very very humbling :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 26694
    I must say, I have yet to find the courage to go to an Holocaust Museum. I just can't bear the images. :(
    When I was taking the law degree the human rights course was truly moving and the lecturer arranged a visit to Auschwitz in Poland. I really wanted to go but in the end decided I didn't want to go with everyone else, it was something I had to do alone. I don't think I've yet really come to terms with the feeling of the place and the, I dont know how to phrase this really, echos of what had happened. If I didn't believe that a place could be imprinted with the history of what happened there, I do now.

I can't do Ground Zero either. :(
    I was there a couple of weeks after 9/11 and saw it, again an eery silence and people around trying to make sense of the senseless. What really got me was when I went up to the top of the empire state and looked out. The light shining up and so much that had been there every time I'd looked before just not there any more.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What an incredible project - aren't some kids wonderful!

I agree with OP about the Holocaust Museum in DC - too moving for tears. And if you do go, go alone. I had to sit for a few hours afterwards before I wanted to speak to another person.

Jackie
    Jackie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Johnie. That is a truly amazing story. We were suppose to go to DC/NY in Nov 2001. For obvious reasons and me leaving 3 children we didn't. But my main reason was to go to the holocaust museum. I so want to go because i need to get my head around why this happened. I am worried about the tears but i feel for whatever reason i need to pay my respects to all the innocent Jewish people who lost their lives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12