Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What attractions have you never done?

Post Thanks / Like
    When planning for next year's trip I realised there are a few attractions we haven't ever bothered with. I guess they just haven't attracted me in the slightest!

In MK they are:
    Tiki Room
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    Liberty Square Riverboat (I think this one is more the timing - it was being refurbed the last two times we went)
    Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
    The Speedway

And in DHS:
    Playhouse Disney (don't even know the characters!)
    Sounds Dangerous
    The Voyage of the Little Mermaid (sorry Josh )

I was wondering whether anyone else has always missed certain things out?

Post Thanks / Like
    You should definitely go on the Riverboat, it's very relaxing. The Swiss Family Treehouse is quirky with a fab view from the top.

The only attractions I have missed are ToT, Test Track, RaRC etc because I don't like that type of ride. I think I've pretty much tried everything else. I am, however, still trying to coax DH into the Tiki Room... He still hasn't recovered from IASW.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the Tiki room this year after vowing never to go in there again (it was raining very hard at the time!) honestly I think I would rather have sat outside in the rain, it's not even comfortable enough to fall asleep although DH and DS managed much to the amusement of the people around us!

I think I have done pretty much everything apart from Sounds Dangerous - not sure why that one has been left out. Some I will never do again, Stitch because it is just a complete waste of time (and I LOVE Stitch) and Monsters Inc because I have come out of there once unscathed and I won't try my luck again, anything with the fear of my face appearing on a screen does not make for an enjoyable experience for me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm...I feel like there are more, but the only two that come to mind immediately are Astro Orbiter and Tomorrowland Speedway.

Oh wait, I've never done Goofy's Barnstormer either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been on Tom Sawyers island

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Astro Orbiter. Seems like a lot of fuss over a basic hub and spoke ride.

To those of you who question the existence of Tomorrowland Speedway I say - you have to ride it with a small child at the wheel. Only then will you understand why it simply has to be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Havent done Stitch.. did it when it was Alien encounter, but dont think Ill do it again any time soon, Goofys Brainstormer, The magic carpets of Aladdin, Tom Sawyer Island

I do remember doing the Treehouse and Riverboat ride on my first trip, and finding them, ummm, boring??

Havent done Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but its on our MUST do for this trip, having a mermaid in the making at home ;)... Actually, I think I have managed to miss half of the attractions at Hollywood Studios, I find that park in particular hard to manage/understand.. dont know.. always feel like I end up buimping into the end of it, hahahahaha...

And I didnt do the Everest ride last time, because I was pregnant with Natalia, but I do want to do it this time around, and if we have time, take the train in AK to the Conservation Station and petting zoo

So.. the only park where Ive been on ALL rides (some of which dont even exist anymore) is Epcot :)

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great question! This sort of makes one take stock...hmmmm

Ok, never did Dumbo ( I know right?), Teacups, Speedway thing, Aladin's flying carpet thing. See a trend....spinning = bad.

We love Astro Orbiter though....great memories with my daughter on a very cool (maybe cold) afternoon in January. The sun was setting and it was a gettin cold on it.

Don't think we did the riverboat either.

Like other never did the Playhouse Disney thing. We did do Sounds Dangerous, ehhhh no need to do it twice. The sound effects show was better what was it Sound Studio or something...

We like the Tiki room...what is wrong with us Boy'o? Think I was orginially at the 1964 World's Fair in NY with my mom and visited it then. I do remember its a small world from that fair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 265795
    To those of you who question the existence of Tomorrowland Speedway I say - you have to ride it with a small child at the wheel. Only then will you understand why it simply has to be there.

The memories of this ride are some of the best i have. It's a classic and I hope they never get rid of it, a cars theme would be cool!

I've never been on Tom Sawyers Island, Swiss family treehouse and some gairy things ie RnR, ToT and and Everest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 265795
    Astro Orbiter. Seems like a lot of fuss over a basic hub and spoke ride.

Yep, children like to "drive". I recall this type of ride was one of my favorites when I was little.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast