Thread: Fort wilderness campground

Post Thanks / Like
    What actually is this? is it a set of fields or a forest where people can camp or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is like a forest where you can set up tents, arrive in trailers or RVs. There are also some cabins available.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a camping ground. There are improved camping areas (electricity on some) for RVs and tent camping. There are also cabins to rent (although they aren't "true" cabins). It's the only place on WDW that you can stay with your non-service dog, too.

I've only ever visited there, never camped (be real honey, this is me we're talking about) but it seems very nice!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    One of Alysia's friends from here was staying at the cabins when we were there last year. We took her home one night. The cabins are very cute! It was near the holidays and lots of people had decorated for Christmas including putting decorations on the golf carts you can rent.

Disney made the resort a moderate but haven't changed the price. I'm hoping they do lower the price, I would like to stay there.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    What's it like to camp out in a tent there? I always imagine the heat and humidity would melt me inside a tent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 26792
    What's it like to camp out in a tent there? I always imagine the heat and humidity would melt me inside a tent.
    We camped in Oct, way back when and it was great. I would do it again if I could get off the air mattress, as it is I think FW is the best place to stay at Disney, we often rent a cabin now, I don't care for the lodge rooms they are too small.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about bugs? Don't you get all bitten up each evening?

Post Thanks / Like
    No bugs, Disney does a great job, never even seen snakes there, wish I could say the same for my timeshare resort.

Post Thanks / Like
    BevW has stayed there in an RV. She's on vacation now--not Disney!--but she'll probably respond when she returns.

There are various "loops" set up at Fort Wilderness for tent and RV camping. There are shower blocks, barbeque facilities, places for kids to play and other fun stuff. There also is a general store (prices higher more limited selection than off site grocery stores) for additional provisions, if one doesn't have transportation offsite.

I've never stayed there, but I've never camped (okay, Girl Scout camp once and I failed that!) or traveled in an RV, but it looks like it could be fun! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it over there although have never stayed. When we were going to the Hoop De Doo last October the bus ride was great fun looking at how people had decorated everything for Halloween :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]