Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha doin' for Halloween?

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you all doing for Halloween?

Normally its a bit boring but we've got a couple of parties this year. I dont have a costume yet though :( I'm open to ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    Halloween Parties, that sounds good :) Hhmmm, dressing up, I'm a bit of a party pooper there, I tend to not bother or if I do, I wear all black and put a witches hat on So you won't get any inspiration from me unfortunately.

I'm not doing anything now :( DH is going out with some colleagues from work.

I've got lots of goody bags made up (I bought them in Target) and a Mickey pumpkin to put them in I don't min opening the door to younger children, but there are some teenagers round here that are a bit intimidating :(

I'm trying to decide what to do now - maybe I'll just leave the pumpkin on the doorstep and they can help themselves

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have decorated my living room with my decorations, we normally have birtday party/halloween/firework party. but this year as i am recovering from gall bladder surgery i decided not to do the whole caboodle. i have my trusted withches costume that i bought about 8 years ago that i very predictably wear. they have some good costumes at tesco [adults too]. i brought one for ds as he will be dressing up at school on monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year we went all out and dd had a party for about 15 friends, it was a huge pita and I'm quite annoyed this year as one of the kids is having one this year and dd hasn't been invited.... Bit of a sore point to me lol

Think I may just put on my Cruella costume and go out haunting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what, im really not a fan of halloween at all! *hides* I never have been really - but now i have dd (who is 5 in a couple of weeks ) i feel i have to do something, so we go to a friends house who lives in a lovely little village and take them trick or treating there, its a much different atmosphere to where we live.
    Im afraid to say im one of those people who dont answer the door when i hear the knocking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 265930
    Think I may just put on my Cruella costume and go out haunting!

oh go on, you know you want to :D Pictures would be good as well please :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 265957
    Do you know what, im really not a fan of halloween at all! *hides* I never have been really - but now i have dd (who is 5 in a couple of weeks ) i feel i have to do something, so we go to a friends house who lives in a lovely little village and take them trick or treating there, its a much different atmosphere to where we live.
    Im afraid to say im one of those people who dont answer the door when i hear the knocking!
    My friend is like that Kate, none of her girls have ever done anything for Halloween and the eldest is 17 now. I think it's a case of they've never done anything so they haven't missed it

I've not answered the door before, I felt really guilty though

Where we live, we only normally get the younger children from the 3 roads in our
    cul-de-sac, so that's nice and they know the houses which they can normally go to, so we get the same ones every year.

We do occasionally get some older ones, but Chris tells them to go away, as 9 times out of 10 they've not made any effort to dress up

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can dress up as a monkey if you can either rent the costume or buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to Hoop Dee Doo

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to go to Hoop Dee Doo for Halloween!

We went out to a nearby farm/adventure park yesterday, it was advertised as a halloween special weekend so the kids should come dressed up, there would be pumpkin carving, games, fancy dress prizes etc. We dressed isabelle up, painted her face and off we went, got there and she was the only one that had made any kind of effort - even the staff didnt bother, i was really disappointed - and this is from someone that doesnt really "do" halloween!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 266220
    I want to go to Hoop Dee Doo for Halloween!

We went out to a nearby farm/adventure park yesterday, it was advertised as a halloween special weekend so the kids should come dressed up, there would be pumpkin carving, games, fancy dress prizes etc. We dressed isabelle up, painted her face and off we went, got there and she was the only one that had made any kind of effort - even the staff didnt bother, i was really disappointed - and this is from someone that doesnt really "do" halloween!

Oh Kate that is really bad If it was advertised, you would think the staff would have made an effort and been dressed up

Hey, even though you don't "do" Halloween, you went took Isabelle, a lot of people wouldn't have bothered. She's lucky to have such a wonderful mummy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast