Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your first time at Disney like?

Post Thanks / Like
    What was your special moment? what did you enjoy the most?

I think for me it was the usual one, the first time I stood at the end of main street with the popcorn smell and saw the castle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm embarrassed to admit my first visit to WDW (one long ago December 27th) was not nice at all. A day trip to MK that almost convinced me that I'd not ever go back.

I did fall in love with Splash Mountain that day though. It was the highlight of a very long, very unpleasant day. (It was the people I was with. You know how that goes).

So, for me, my first real trip to WDW came years later when I went with people who I love and who loved me! It was a bona fide holiday, with staying in a hotel (offsite this first time) and everything. I discovered that WDW was MUCH more than MK, and the joy of just being there was contagious, or perhaps infectious is a better word.

I renewed my love of Splash Mountain and fell totally head over heels, love at first sight forever and ever in LOVE with EPCOT and the WS. We ate at the then open air cafe in France on one of our evenings. It was divine. What a wonderful meal we had!

So, my technical first time was a bust, but my "real" first time was wonderful. It was the start of something "big" and permanent!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My first visit to WDW was about 20 years ago, as an adult. I remember feeling in awe standing there on Main Street USA and looking down at the castle. We had gotten our tickets by listening to a time share presentation.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't get to go to WDW until I was an adult. I took Alysia for her fifth birthday.

I cried when I saw the castle for the first time.

I RAN to get in line to meet Winnie the Pooh (my favorite since I was a baby)

We went for lunch at King Stefan's Banquet Hall (which is now CRT). Cinderella and one of the mice were in the lobby greeting people. Alysia met her and then for some reason, we got in the elevator and Cinderella and the mouse got in with us! I thought Alysia was going to burst with happiness. She was pretty quiet back then and you could tell she had gotten her nerve up because she burst out with, "Areyougoingtoeatlunchwithustoo?!" Cinderella was SO nice and told her that she would love to but she was on her way to have lunch with the prince. Oh my goodness, that is ALL she talked about for ages.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 19 the first time I went. It was my parents,my sis and brother and my girlfriend(future wife).We stayed off-site and although I had a good time it wasnt until 8 years later that I fell in love with WDW. That year my wife and I went to Aruba and then WDW(CB) for our honeymoon and we immediately fell in love with the place. We now have 2 kids (7,12)and have returned with them at least once a year since my oldest was 3.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    It was 1980 and every cloud has a silver lining. My DH's grandmother died and left us some money so we hired a Winnebago and travelled from Illinois down through St Louis and across to Los Angeles. All of a sudden we were at Anaheim and for all those years I'd wanted to go, my wish was coming true. We walked to the entrance (after me developing a huge migraine) and went to a stage show and there were all the characters singing and dancing and there was me crying my eyes out with happiness. That was the start of my love affair with Disney and people have come and gone through my life but Disney has always and will always be my love that will stay with me for ever

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    best moment for me was on our first trip in 2000, standing at the top of main street facing the castle and looking at my kids faces....that was priceless and will live with me forever :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    DH and I just couldn't believe we were there....seeing the sights we were seeing and taking in the atmosphere. Quite often, on that first ever day in Florida, we would look at each other and we would both be teary eyed with happiness. In fact, that still happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had wanted to visit since I was a child, but then it was one of those faraway dreams I never thought would happen. I remember doing a project in Geography at school and drawing a map - that was when there was only MK.

My first visit was when I was 24 on honeymoon in Sept 1995. We stayed in a villa off site and the feeling of driving onto WDW property - I thought I was going to burst (I drove DH couldn't drive then :D). We got the ferry over and the feeling of seeing the castle for the first time was amazing. I stood there and cried The best thing is I still get that very same feeling now - it has never even diminished for me :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my cousin in 1988 and we walked down Main St in disbelief that we were actually there. We just walked in a daze for about an hour with these big wide-eyed expression just not saying a word. Finally my cousin said "shall we go on something then?"

An hour later we were walking around whistling "it's a small world" :rofl:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast