Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would your top 3 restaurants for Thanksgiving at WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering, what your 3 choices would be, it could be in WDW or somewhere close by. It's just something I'm toying with at the moment, we might try a different time next year

The one that springs to mind for me would be Liberty Tree Tavern, I'm just not sure if DH would like it

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    LTT definitely tops my list as well...as does maybe Yachtsman Steakhouse for some reason...can't put my finger on it....but yes, it does.

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually ate at Ohana one Thanksgiving. It was weird but nice. We had the whole Hawaiian experience. There was a hula dance and some nice group singing and playing the uke. Nice to be a cousin for the holiday.

Another time we ate at Crystal Palace....a very Pooh thanksgiving. In both cases they had a traditional meal. Although, it was sort of weird to eat turkey out of a big cast iron skillet :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 265886
    LTT definitely tops my list as well...as does maybe Yachtsman Steakhouse for some reason...can't put my finger on it....but yes, it does.
    Thanks Becca, LTT just doesn't appeal to Chris maybe the YSH was because of Ricardo (I think you've met him )

Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 265889
    We actually ate at Ohana one Thanksgiving. It was weird but nice. We had the whole Hawaiian experience. There was a hula dance and some nice group singing and playing the uke. Nice to be a cousin for the holiday.

Another time we ate at Crystal Palace....a very Pooh thanksgiving. In both cases they had a traditional meal. Although, it was sort of weird to eat turkey out of a big cast iron skillet :tongue:
    Thanks Dan, Crystal Palace is sadly a definite no no, we ate there a few years ago, we took our friends' daughters, we ended up with food poisoning

I would like a traditional type of Thanksgiving I think

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May one year. They added all the traditional selections to their buffet. We had to be rolled out in carts.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling we ate at the Golden Corrall for thanks giving!

We went to CP for a meal for our wedding anniversary (it was 5yrs at that point, and we got married in Florida at the Swan so it was nice to be back where it all happened, kind of!), we thought it was lovely, but i can completely understand why you dont want to go back, a bad experience certainly puts you off doesnt it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 265958
    I have a feeling we ate at the Golden Corrall for thanks giving!

We went to CP for a meal for our wedding anniversary (it was 5yrs at that point, and we got married in Florida at the Swan so it was nice to be back where it all happened, kind of!), we thought it was lovely, but i can completely understand why you dont want to go back, a bad experience certainly puts you off doesnt it
    It certainly does Kate, we've been a few times and it was always fine, but I'd have to drag Chris in there kicking and screaming now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 265945
    We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May one year. They added all the traditional selections to their buffet. We had to be rolled out in carts.
    I never thought about Cape May it's just something we are, well I'm thinking about It's all part of the plan of wanting to go later next year so we can go earlier in 2013 for our 25th anniversary.

It probably won't even happen, you know what he's like for September/October

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 265891
    Thanks Becca, LTT just doesn't appeal to Chris maybe the YSH was because of Ricardo (I think you've met him )

Thanks Dan, Crystal Palace is sadly a definite no no, we ate there a few years ago, we took our friends' daughters, we ended up with food poisoning

I would like a traditional type of Thanksgiving I think
    Holy Cow...that is just aweful! So you all got sick? Wonder if is was one item that was common or what...not that that makes and difference...just the science teacher in me coming out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 265891
    Yep, Wen, I bet your right. Ricardo is lovely. He always makes you feel like family

LTT is definitely not for everyone, Jon can take it or leave it...but for me, it strikes a chord....we're going to eat there on the night of our MVMCP I can't wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast