Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm dreaming of a white.......HALLOWEEN?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just read on a friends facebook about snow - bit too early for halloween, but it means christmas is coming!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, true indeed! Many of our friends have lost power. Reports say more people have lost power due to this storm than from hurricane Gloria in 1985.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why? What is with the power loss???? Did the snow freeze and snap lines or something? Not cool to be without power when it's the energy for the heat source for the majority of people. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not so much from the "freezing" (as it only briefly dropped below yesterday) but more from "weight." The trees have not completely lost their leaves yet, so when the weight of the snow was added to it, the branches just started snapping. Most of the outages are from tree limbs snapping through power lines. The wind has also been a MAJOR factor. We were getting HUGE gusts in the afternoon and evening. One of our friends lost a tree that came very close to their house. CL&P (one of our main providers) is reporting 40% of its customers are without electricity right now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, that isn't good not having any power, hopefully they will be able to get out to repair the lines as soon as possible.

I hope this doesn't mean you are all in for a long cold winter

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing. Heard that Bristol, CT had 11 inches by last night.

The hardware store in my old stomping ground of Hebron was flat sold out of snow shovels.

Tom (... chilly today, hot tamale!)

Post Thanks / Like
    In all my years I don't remember the North East getting snow like this in October.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It snowed here in WV too yesterday, but then it melted as the temps couldn't stay low enough. However, throughout the day we received freezing rain/sleet.

Suppose to hit 60 by end of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous day out today, sunny and 45 :) unfortunately, for those who lost electricity...the damage is done and the power companies are saying it's going to be a slow fix. No worries though, Chez Foss is open for business! Hot food, hot showers, a houseful of friends (and their dogs!) and Sunday football...life is still good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like fun, Becca! Good that you are such a generous friend.

Yes, the snow was wet and heavy according to NPR. That contributed to bringing down tree limbs and power lines. :(

Hope all is righted soon. Weather is certainly way out of wack, isn't it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast