Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrr! Online reservations won't accept my confirmation number!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was all excited about making my 180 + 10 days reservations this morning, and although my confirmation number on on the site linked to my hotel booking, the dining reservation bit simply won't accept it!!!! Apparently, this is a common issue since the system upgrade, but I am so annoyed that I have to call and go through them all with a CM!!!!! Takes a lot of the magic away I can tell you :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Awe, sorry for your disappointment Deb
    I hope you get all of the ADR's you are after....then maybe some of the magic will return

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, how annoying is that! Try asking for a supervisor right off and maybe they can trouble shoot from their end? Maybe your number will then work and you can make the majority of ADRs yourself?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I tried and they couldn't help, said the system was probably being maintained and to try again later. I notice from a general internet search that quite a few people have been having this problem for a while. I tried using a low call number to the US, but it was either very quiet, or actually just stopped working after a while, so in the end I called direct and made my reservations - a very expensive process no doubt as I had to be read the terms and conditions for each restaurant. I have to now keep doing this each day to make my final 4 days reservations too, unless things start to work again. So much for the online system

So the good news is that I managed to get the difficult ressies I needed, bad news is I am feeling less than magical now I think of the potential phone bill :( Oh well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Deb that's really bad :(

I hope your phone bill isn't too high and that the magic comes back soon

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    The online dining system is nothing but problems.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach, that is terrible. :( I sure hope the rest of the calls go smoother. MUST they read all that nonsense to you? Can't you just tell them to carry on ... it's hugely expensive??? Geez. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt they would not read it Tink. They probably have to go through it in case they are observed or audited. It's even worse when they ask for all of your info on the automated system and then ask you when the CM gets on the line!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 266590
    a very expensive process no doubt as I had to be read the terms and conditions for each restaurant. I have to now keep doing this each day to make my final 4 days reservations too, unless things start to work again. So much for the online system
    Deb,

Something you might want to try since you've got to call.

I have it on my laptop and can connect from here in the States to a UK access point that let's me call anywhere in the UK for very little money. I think I spent $10 US to buy Skype credits but then have called and talked to our own Slowhand several times for quite a length of time. And I still have $8.00 of Skype credit left. You can also pay by the minute or monthly. I just checked and it's $2.99 for unlimited use for a month.
    Additionally, once you install it on your computer, you can call any other Skype user on their computer anywhere in the world for free! Even do video calls if you've got a web cam on your computer. Only real requirement is that your computer has to have a microphone input and speakers. Or you've got to get a USB microphone headset or equivalent. But they're ridiculously cheap.

Tom (... Skype fan!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good idea, Tom. My sister's husband is in Kuwait and they Skype all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast